Streamlining Chemical Plant Safety Management with a Powered by Nx Video Solution
A Fortune 500 Chemicals Company, the Shanghai chemical plant discussed in this case specializes in refining, producing and manufacturing chemical products for companies around the world.
Due to the volatile nature of the plant’s daily operations, the company sought a video analytics solution that could help operators identify safety hazards and safety code violations in order to be able to both prevent and respond to events quickly.
Ultimately, plant operators decided to implement Senturian Sentry Matrix, an intelligent video analytics solution and Powered by Nx product. The intelligent video capabilities in Sentry Matrix made it possible to quickly identify and alert operators to safety hazards such as fire, explosions, or oil spills and noncompliance with safety uniforms to ensure proper safety measures.
The chemical plant sought a dependable, easy-to-use VMS with seamlessly integrated video analytics that would provide answers to the following key questions:
- How can IP video surveillance technology be used to identify safety hazards as they occur to minimize reaction time and resulting damages?
- How can IP video surveillance technology be combined with plant processes to ensure daily compliance with proper safety measures by a staff of 500 or more workers?
Nx and Senturian Offer a Solution
Senturian used Network Optix technology to address the challenges raised by the plant’s operators, developing a simple solution that gave the plant the ability to immediately identify and address mishaps and leakages and the flexibility to continually improve operations.
Nx provided the technology platform (Powered by Nx) and Senturian provided the deep learning driven video analytics (Fire and Smoke Detection, Oil Spill Detection, Object Recognition, Uniform Detection, and No Helmet Detection).
Using the combined solution:
- Senturian Sentry Matrix (a Powered by Nx product) and IP Cameras capture video of staff and occurrences throughout the plant.
- System operators easily manage and monitor the plant using key features like a flexible grid interface, custom layouts, administration and live viewing in a single unified interface, fisheye camera dewarping, forensic zoom windows and advanced PTZ controls – made possible by the Nx Meta platform.
- System operators create a Rule in the Rules engine which then creates Bookmarks and alerts system operators (optimized to identify and alert within 3 seconds) each time fire and/or smoke, an oil spill, or explosion is identified by cameras.
- System operators create a Rule in the Rules engine which then creates Bookmarks and alerts system operators (optimized to identify and alert within 3 seconds) each time a uniform violation and/or lack of helmet is identified by cameras.
- If plant operators need to investigate a particular piece of footage, they simply open Sentry Matrix and search archived video for a particular item of interest. Sentry Matrix, built with Nx Meta VMP, captures and stores metadata allowing management to search an entire year of archived video in seconds using associated metadata (tags, bookmarks, etc).
- Nx Meta VMP
- Senturian Sentry Matrix
- Senturian Fire and Smoke Detection
- Senturian Oil Spill Detection
- Senturian Object Recognition
- Senturian Uniform Detection
- Senturian No Helmet Detection
Senturian AI algorithms analyze human behaviors and objects through video and apply deep learning technologies and machine logic to transform that data into meaningful information that can be applied to endless environments and industries.
Visit the Integrations Marketplace to explore Senturian products that Work with Nx: