A-Thermal Technologies are national leaders in hazardous waste treatment, with a treatment facility covering 80,000 square meters (~861,000 square feet) in northeastern South Africa.
The treatment facility had a pre-existing surveillance system in place equipped with analog-to-IP encoders and Suprema's Biostar Access Control system. Management wanted to upgrade its video management system to be able to support ten operators at a time with off-site control capabilities, without having to overhaul the existing hardware.
Ultimately, management decided to implement a modern VMS (Nx Witness) equipped with extensive device support and remote system monitoring to match their surveillance expectations.
A-Thermal Technologies wanted a solution that would address the following concerns:
- How can a modern VMS operate seamlessly with pre-existing access control devices and outdated analog encoders, while also supporting the addition of modern devices?
- How can video and a VMS reliably support 10 system operators and remote system monitoring?
Nx Witness VMS offers a solution.
Network Optix and iPIXA worked together to develop a surveillance solution that addressed each concern according to the given parameters. Nx provided the video management system (Nx Witness VMS) and iPIXA provided the hardware (100 HD IP Cameras).
- Nx Witness VMS and HD IP Cameras capture video across the facility that operators access from anywhere at any time.
- Nx Witness VMS, being able to support 99% of the devices, allows the customer to easily migrate their existing devices to the new system.
- Nx Witness Developer Tools give PIXA the ability to create custom middleware to integrate Suprema’s Biostar Access Control.
- Nx Witness' extensive device support gives the customer the ability to expand their system one device at a time – on-demand – with lifetime upgrades and no ongoing support fees.
- Nx Cloud and Nx Mobile give operators the ability to log in to their system from anywhere, anytime for fast, reliable remote connectivity.
“Nx Witness is a reliable, easy to use platform that suits every need of this customer.”
“We were so impressed with the system’s initial tests that we immediately decided to change from our previous system – we had no limitations or problems.”