The Nx Desktop application is a unified Desktop client for connecting to, viewing, and managing your Nx System(s).
- Connect to your Systems from anywhere, anytime
- Manage all of your System(s) users, devices, and rules
- View live and recorded video (streams and offline files)
- Search archives instantly based on metadata / time.
- Automate system reactions with the Rules Engine
- Increase situational awareness with custom layouts
Key Features of Nx Desktop
The Nx Desktop application is a rich media player with a flexible GRID interface, unmatched speed and responsiveness,
instant notifications, an embedded browser, and a user experience unlike any other video management software.
Flex GRID User Interface
A revolutionary interface that allows users to create an unlimited number of customizable, shareable layouts.
Cloud Connect / Admin
Connect your Nx System to the cloud and manage your Nx system from anywhere, anytime.
View Live or Recorded
View up to 64 video streams on a single layout – with support for MJPEG, H.264 and H.265 live streams.
Search Archives Instantly
Search archives using Smart Motion, time and date, video analytics metadata, events, Bookmarks, and more.
IFTTT Rules Engine
Automate System reactions based on camera, IoT, and 3rd party HTTP events with a built-in Rules Engine.
Create custom layouts combining video, web pages, and IoT devices to increase situational awareness.
Nx Desktop Screenshots
A few screenshots of the Nx Desktop Client in action.
Nx Desktop Technical Specs
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS:
- Microsoft Windows
- Ubuntu Linux
- Apple / Mac OSX
MAXIMUM # OF GRID ITEMS
64 BIT OS: 64 Items (e.g. 64 live streams)
32 BIT OS: 24 Items (e.g. 24 live streams)
MINIMUM SUPPORTED SPECS
- HARD DRIVE: HDD/SSD/mSATA
- RAM: 2 GB
- CPU: Quad Core Intel Celeron CPU or higher
- GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 3000 w/ OpenGL2.1 support
- NETWORKING: 1GB NIC
- HARD DRIVE: Performance SSD
- RAM: 16 GB
- CPU: Intel Core i7
- NETWORKING: 10 GB NIC
SUPPORTED MEDIA PLAYBACK ON GRID
- CODECS: H.265 H.264 MJPEG
- VIDEOS: AVI MKV MP4 MOV TS M2TS MPEG MPG FLV WMV 3GP
- IMAGES: JPG PNG GIF BMP TIFF
- I/O DEVICES: Status and Triggers
- SERVERS: Server Health Monitoring
- MEDIA PLAYER: View, edit, and export offline videos and images
- CONNECTED: View, configure, and manage any Nx System
- VIDEOWALL: Put Nx Desktop into VideoWall mode to control remotely
- SHOWREEL: Fully customizable timed viewing tour of any GRID media
Other Nx Meta Components
Learn more about Nx Desktop, Mobile, Server, or Dev Tools.