Nx Witness Release Notes
Nx Witness v3.1 (October 2017)
- Cloud Client - Browser based client now in the Cloud Portal.
- Cloud Data Proxy - In cases where NAT Traversal fails .
- Soft Triggers - Create and add overlaid buttons to trigger System Actions.
- Showreel - Create customizable timed viewing sequences using any resource - cameras, layouts, web pages, offline files, and even server health monitoring.
- Acknowledge and Bookmark -- Force acknowledgement and Bookmark by operators before a notification disappears in Desktop client.
- Multicast Stream Support - multicast streams can be added to Server as a camera.
- H265 Support - H.265 codec is now supported!
- API Generator - create HTTP Generic Events or API calls in the For Developers tab of the Web Admin interface.
NEW DEVICE SUPPORT
- Analog Encoder license support added for: Dahua DHI-HCVR Series, Dahua DHI-XVR Series, Dahua X21A2E, Geovision GV-VS2400, Pravis HDR-1600, Samsung Techwin SPE-400, TCAM TCS-300, VIVOTEK VS8102, Unview NVR302-08E-P8
- New Arecont Vision devices supported: 2325, 2326, 3325, 3326, 12375, 12376, 20375
- New Axis devices supported: P3227, P3228, Q1659, Q1942
- ACTi I96
- Advanced PTZ support for Hikvision DS-2DF5220S-DE4/W, Samsung Techwin XNP-6370
- Onvif PTZ presets added for Rhodium RBU-PZ-4461-EB
- 2-way audio support for Sony SNC-CX600, Dahua IPC-K15P, Dahua IPC-K35P
- Alarm Input support for Hikvision cameras: DS-2CD2132F-IWS, DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS, DS-2CD2742FWD-IS, DS-2CD2942F-IS, DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS, DS-2CD63C2F-IS, DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
- Alarm Output support for Hikvision cameras: DS-2CD2132F-IWS, DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS, DS-2CD2742FWD-IS, DS-2CD2942F-IS, DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS, DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
- LDAP general workflow improvements, secured LDAP is supported now, integration with Jumpcloud service.
- RTSP digest authentication support added.
- User can connect to Server with Cloud credentials even if Internet connection is temporary unavailable.
- Active license now can be deactivated right in the Client and applied to another Server.
- User can disable time synchronization with Internet on Time Management tab in System Administration.
- Server can be unmerged from System keeping its database ("Detach Server from System" button in Web Admin).
- Specific users or user roles can be selected as a target for actions in Event Rules.
- Cloud users who has been invited but has not created account yet are marked in Client.
- New event "System drive is full" was added.
- "Device recording" action can be used for instant events with new option "Fixed duration".
- Email notifications optionally can be sent in plain text format.
- Added new Camera Detailes panel in Web Client.
- Web Client can be open on Mobile devices now.
- Clear storage space mechanism was optimized and improved.
- Added video support for Web Pages in Client (Any video codec pack like "K-Lite codec pack" has to be installed on Client PC).
- "Application Window" mode was removed from Screen Recording options.
- Added "Disable blur" option to the "Advanced" tab of Local Client Settings
- Local files can be renamed from Client resources tree.
- Small interfase improvements and UI fixes.
- Incremental expansion of Server API documentation.
- General server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics.
- New Hikvision cameras got blocked for 30 minutes during auto-discovery. Fixed.
- Axis Q6000-E was not discovered using Onvif. Fixed.
- Axis P7210 encoder could not be added through native Axis driver, only as Onvif resource, that caused different issues. Fixed.
- Secondary stream for ISD cameras was always received with 5fps. Fixed.
- IQEye cameras were not allowed to "Force motion detection" for any stream. Fixed.
- Impossible to get primary stream from Arecont Vision cameras with maximum fps. Fixed.
- Axis T8311 joystick moved several PTZ cameras at several opened client sessions simultaneously. Now can be disabled with "PTZ" icon in camera panel. Fixed.
- Dahua cameras dropped unauthorized after discovery. Fixed.
- Motion detection sometimes failed for Arecont Vision AV10655. Fixed.
- H.264 codec was unavailable for Arecont Vision AV6655 and AV6656. Fixed.
- Several cameras forwarded from the same remote IP and added to the same Server caused "Device IP conflict" alarm. Fixed.
- A lot of authorization attempts in Audit Trail if System page was opened on Cloud Portal for a long time without any activity. Fixed.
- There was no record with "Server updated" in Audit Trail if external storage had been removed. Fixed.
- "Login" activity was displayed twice in Audit Trail if user logged in to Server and then disconnected using Main Menu. Fixed.
- Japanese symbols were displayed wrong in camera names in Light Client. Fixed.
- Lite Client crashes in fullscreen mode on cameras with low stream width > 640px. Fixed.
- After upgrade to 3.0 servers could stop to communicate if multicast was disabled. While connected to any server you saw offline all the rest hosts. Fixed.
- License keys were sometimes lost after upgrade from older versions. Fixed.
- Server couldn't calculate HWID in some virtual hosts so license couldn't be activated. Fixed.
- Backgrounds for removed layouts were stored in Server DB significantly increasing its size. Fixed.
- System didn't allow to delete users with "Locked" layouts. Fixed.
- In some rare situations small parts of archive (about 1 minute) could not be played in Client. Fixed.
- Couldn't add NAS with symbols (@,#,$,etc.) in login/password pairs -- "Invalid Storage Path" message was shown in Client. Fixed.
- Not all multicast packets were disabled if user turned off auto-discovery and failover was not used. Fixed.
- Server migth not start properly after PC reboot if it was updated twice with new .exe installer. Fixed.
- Server on RaspberryPi didn't see local storage on new Debian 8 Jessie. Fixed.
- Server on Nx1 didn't completely unmount NAS if it was removed from Client. Server restart was required. Fixed.
- Nx1 Server upgrade could fail in case of high memory usage. Fixed.
- USB sticks could be recorgnized as storage on Linux Servers. Fixed.
- System time offset could reach several seconds per day. Fixed.
- Rare Server crash when camera with audio was opened in Web Client. Fixed.
- Several simultaneous HLS exports using api methods could fail. Fixed.
- Users unable to login after password change at LDAP server. Fixed.
- Systems with very high number of custom users at one moment could start failing to sync database. Fixed.
- API requests for streaming were not proxied between Servers if cameraId was used instead of physicalId. Fixed.
- There was wrong error message in Setup Wizard if user set non-English letters in password. Fixed.
- Cameras with not enabled recording played video in Web Client only for second try opening. Fixed.
- Archived video could not be played in Web Client if camera was moved from ARM to PC Server. Fixed.
- Timeline in Web Client always displayed local client time that might lead to wrong archive displaying. Fixed.
- Client "Connect to Server..." dialog always kept password for the last used connection. Fixed.
- Client didn't create Main Media Folder on first start after installation. Fixed.
- Local files could not be saved on layout if they located not in Client Media Folder. Fixed.
- Client multi-window mode might not work properly in case of specific monitor configuration (more than 2 displays, different scales on each display). Fixed.
- IO module item was shown incorrectly on layout if it had only one type of ports. Fixed.
- Custom aspect ratio for camera was not applied on thumbnails. Fixed.
- Web Pages couldn't be drag-n-dropped from Resources Tree to Video Wall view. Fixed.
- Client could crash if some specific Web Pages were opened on layout. Fixed.
- 2way audio sometimes worked with significant delay after item reopening. Fixed.
- Screen Recording couldn't save file if 2-way audio talk button was used before. Fixed.
- Text overlay and bookmarks were not displayed on item if text contained symbol "&". Fixed.
- Backward playback didn't work properly with enabled Smart Search -- video could be played continuously despite the motion chuncks. Fixed.
- Video exported from Client 2.6 and less was played in 3.0 with audio out of sync. Fixed.
- Preview Search layout cleared timeline selection on changing time marker position. Fixed.
- Video could start playing from "Pause" after switching between layouts. Fixed.
Build Number: 16661
Nx Witness v 3.0 (April 2017)
- NEW FEATURES
- Nx Cloud - connect your system to Nx Cloud to login from anywhere and share access to your system. Save hours in port-forwarding setup and coordination.
- All New Desktop Client - completely revamped Desktop Client for Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux. It looks spectacular.
- Web Browsing in Desktop Client - users can add, view, and interact with URLs in the Desktop Client. We’re excited about the possibilities.
- Nx1 Lite Client - The Nx1 now has a Lite Client which can be controlled from the new Mobile app. Amazing.
- Custom User Roles - Administrators can now create custom roles and share groups of hardware and layouts. Which is nice.
- New, Faster Mobile App - with a new, faster Nx-created media player, layouts, and live thumbnails. Heck yeah.
- New Server Storage Database - Increases performance of Server archive management.
- View Archive from Deleted Cameras - allows users to see archives for deleted cameras that still have footage in storage archive. Which is helpful.
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Support - LTS = Long term support. So we got onboard.
- Axis T8311 Joystick support now added (Windows only). This make us both happy and sad at the same time.
- 2-way audio integrated for Hikvision and ACTi devices. So that’s nice.
- New Windows Installer - makes installation as easy as pie. Hmmm. Pie.
- NEW DEVICE SUPPORT
- Axis T8311 Joystick support now added (Windows only).
- Advanced PTZ support added for: HITRON NFX-22153D1, Digital Watchdog DWC-MPTZ30X, Sony SNC-WR600, Redvision RVX-IP30-IRWL-W, Cellinx STH795
- Encoder License support added for: ACTi TCD2100, Axis M7001, Axis M7010, Axis M7011, Axis M7014, Axis P7016, Axis P7210, Axis P7214, Axis P7216, Axis Q7401, Axis Q7404, Axis Q7406, Axis Q7411, Bosch VIP X16 XF E, Bosch VIP-X1600-XFM4, Bosch VJT-X40XF-E, DW-CPUHDE04, DW-CPUHDE08, DW-CPUHDE16, GrandStream GXV3504, Hikvision DS-6701, Hikvision DS-6704, Hikvision DS-6716, Honeywell HVE4, Pelco NET5504, Pelco NET5508, Pelco NET5516, Samsung SPE-100, Samsung SPE-101, Samsung SPE-1600, UDP technology NVN4100, Uniview DVS4116, Vivotek VS8401, Vivotek VS8801
- Pelco Net5504, Net5516 encoders are now supported
- Pelco D5220 PTZ capabilities enabled
- New Digital Watchdog devices support: DWC-MV85DiA
- New Arecont Vision devices supported: AV08ZMD-400, AV4655m, AV4656, AV6656, AV10655, AV12565, AV12566, AV20565
- New Axis devices supported: C1004, C2005, C3003-E, M1045, M1054, M1065, M2025, M2026, M3044, M3045, M3046, M3104, M3105, M3106, P1264, P1254, P3707, P1244, Q1941, Q3615, Q3617, Q3708, Q6055, Q6052, Q6155
- Added I/O support for FLIR FC-series cameras
- Improved default password auto-fill during auto-discovery
- Added Camera RTSP URL to the Advanced tab in Camera Settings
- Tab Advanced in Camera Settings works for Axis camera now
- Motion detection can be adjusted to any camera stream on Expert tab in Camera Settings
- Redesigned Device output action
- Added Restore factory defaults option to Server Web page for Nx1 devices
- Added support of different file systems (besides ext) for Linux-based Servers
- Improved algorithm of balancing the bitrate between storage drives
- Adaptive Reserved space value for storage locations depending on disk size - 10-30Gb for local disks and 50-100Gb for NAS. This change doesn't affect existing Server installations
- Added informative message when external storage can't be added because of wrong login/password
- Time synchronization between Servers was improved
- Camera settings are defaulted now if camera was deleted and added again
- Redesigned email notifications (still not great - but we’re working on that)
- Content-type for POST requests is now automatically detected (HTTP request as an action)
- Initial connect from desktop and mobile clients was optimized to decrease the connection time
- LIVE video buffer size can now be adjusted in Client Settings
- Smoother timeline mechanics - like butter
- Better support of Retina displays
- Added free space checking to the Client and Server before update - warning will appear if at least one of the peers has not enough space to get an update pack
- Licenses can be now recovered during Backup/Restore procedure
- Users can now select multiple expired licenses to remove
- Added Export option to the licenses list in System Administration
- Whole system can be renamed now in Web Admin Interface
- Bookmark can be edited from the context menu on Bookmark log dialog
- Storage Analytics doesn't take into account Backup storage any more
- Zoom window applied to camera with strange aspect ratios also had strange aspect ratios. Moderated a bit.
- Added a warning about the file size limitation for export to .exe
- Added export to MP4 container format
- Default archive export container format is changed to MKV
- Added hotkey Ctrl+Shift+D for Disconnect from System action
- Old crash dumps are now removed by Server to prevent high disk space usage
- Incremental expansion of Server API documentation
- General server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics
- SECURITY VULNERABILITY UPDATE
- Banner Information Disclosure vulnerability identified and addressed
- Web Server directory traversal vulnerability identified and addressed
- Added resilience measures for DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks
- SSL vulnerabilities identified and addressed
- BUG FIXES
- Arecont Vision AV20275, AV20365, AV12275 and AV12276 displayed incorrect sensor order. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision AV20275 maximum fps allowed value increased to 7.
- Honeywell cameras showed unauthorized all the time. Fixed.
- Server could not successfully authenticate with Honeywell H4D3PRV2 & H4D3PRV3. Fixed.
- Some rare camera models show Loading when viewed in full-screen. Fixed.
- Software Motion Detection did not work with the Pelco NET5508. Fixed.
- Only key frames were replayed from Pelco Optera IMM12027 archive. Fixed.
- Axis P7216 encoder duplicate discovery. Fixed.
- New fisheye ACTi cameras faced unwanted automatical dewarping. Fixed.
- Stream from Sony SNC-EP550 sometimes hanged and didn't have audio. Fixed.
- All Truen branded camera had PTZ control issues. Fixed.
- UNIVIEW IPC6242SR-X22 camera had PTZ control issues. Fixed.
- Vista VK2-3MPEFEDre tilt worked improperly. Fixed.
- Hikvision WH-D5216A could not be added correctly. Fixed.
- Hikvision DS-6716HWI encoder had messed channels output. Fixed.
- Hikvision multisensor DS-2CD6362F-I had messed stream profiles across the channels. Fixed.
- Hikvision devices digital input was detected only for automatic port id selected in advanced event rules settings. Fixed.
- Server on Windows periodically crashed if there were Hikvision cameras in tree. Fixed.
- Cameras could be duplicated in Resources Tree if they were added manually and then auto discovered by Server. Fixed.
- Audio for some cameras and RTSP links was played in Web Client with knocking effect. Fixed.
- Server discovered but didn't add to the resources some Onvif cameras. Fixed.
- Media Server missed some files on fast archive scan. Fixed.
- Server HWID on Windows differed from HWID on Linux that could lead to license loss on OS change. Fixed.
- Admin's password for the whole system could change if one of the Servers was merged to another System via Merge to currently connected system in Resources tree in Client. Fixed.
- Downloading HLS video of big size (>1000 seconds) via API took a huge time to prepare a file. Fixed.
- Exported via API HLS video with duration parameter set had incorrect timeline size. Fixed.
- Part of licenses could disappear during merge Systems. Fixed.
- Local client settings won't change after the upgrade to Mac OS X Sierra(last opened layout, last connections list, etc.). Fixed.
- Client on Mac OS X hung when high resolution image was set as background. Fixed.
- Client on Mac OS X sometimes worked improperly with touch pad. Fixed.
- After OS upgrade to Windows 10 Server DBs moved to C:\Windows.old so they was not available for Server. Fixed.
- If Server network interface for current Client connection became unavailable, Client chose next available Server interface incorrectly. Fixed.
- False event Input on camera stops could be generated when Event Rule was just configured (after clicking on Apply button). Fixed.
- Cameras switched to Low-Res on layout because of high CPU usage but they didn't return to Hi-Res when CPU usage became normal. Fixed.
- Small items on the Scene couldn't be resized by right bottom corner. Fixed.
- Thumbnails panel didn't restore its state after Nx client was reopened. Fixed.
- Bookmark tooltip could not be used when thumbnails panel was opened. Fixed.
- Camera could not be added to exported layout. Fixed.
- Speed down sometimes worked incorrect for exported layouts. Fixed.
- Client on Window 8 hanged if export to exe format was cancelled. Fixed.
- Client crashed on hover over bookmarks at some hardware. Fixed.
- Search mode allowed to add cameras on Video Wall View layout. Fixed.
- If data was exported from table Storage Analytics, not all headers were correctly exported. Fixed.
- User login considered as case sensitive while login from Web and Mobile Clients. Fixed.
- Low-res video stream from Nx1 was being loaded with big delay in Mobile Client on Android devices. Fixed.
- Mobile Client on Android devices hanged after system language change. Fixed.
- Web Client did not stop video streaming from Server when Web interface was switched to the Settings page. Fixed.
Nx Witness v2.6.0 (October 5 2016)
With 4 key new features, 11 new devices, 16 smart improvements, and 31 bug fixes Nx Witness v2.6.0 is a strong release that includes many desired enterprise capabilities - including 2-way audio integrated for Axis cameras and I/O devices, HTTP Request-as-an-Action, and Rapid Review!
- 2-way audio integrated for Axis cameras and I/O device (requires firmware 5.x) - Allows Nx Witness operators to communicate using 2-way audio in a walkie-talkie like fashion with Axis devices running firmware version 5.x or higher.
- Audio-as-an-Action now available for Axis devices (requires firmware 5.x) - Allows Nx Witness operators to send Audio alerts over the network to Axis devices running firmware version 5.x or higher.
- HTTP Request-as an-Action - allows operators to define HTTP GET requests as an action in the Events & Rules engine.
- Rapid Review - allows Nx Witness users to export and compress long periods of archived video into shortened, time-lapse-like videos.
NEW DEVICE SUPPORT
- IPv6 support (required for publishing iOS apps)
- FLIR AX8 and FC-series cameras integrated via ONVIF
- Pelco NET5516 Encoder
- Pelco Optera Series Cameras (180, 270, and 360 - no motion detection support)
- ACTi A41, A81, E925, E924, E12a cameras
- ACTi PTZ Dome I98
- New Arecont Vision(G5) and new Axis cameras support
- Arecont Vision AV2195 and AV2196
- AHD DVR
- DWC-PF5M1TIR camera
- ACTi Cameras advanced Integration
- Sony SNC-EP550 audio is now supported
- Improved PTZ for Uniview and Vivotek cameras
- Added playback speed controls for VMAX
- DW CPRO-manufactured cameras now use H.264-High profile
- DW Panzilla optimizations
- Improved default password auto-fill during auto-discovery for DW cameras
- RTSP workflow improvement reduces glitches for cameras that experience short-time RTSP-stream frequent stops
- Software Motion Detection stream resolution threshold increased to 1024x768. Works also for single-stream cameras
- Storage Database management optimizations
- Write to storage function optimizations for high bitrate cameras. Drastically decreases "HDD Slow" errors
- Modified warnings to LDAP "Test" results to be clearer
- Incremental expansion of Server API documentation
- General server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics
- Added IR controls for Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I to the "Advanced" tab of camera settings in Desktop Client
- Sending email via SMTP servers w/out authentication now allowed.
- To prevent OS malfunction, system disk drive is disabled for recording if there's more than one storage drive on Server and system disk drive is 5 times less than summary capacity of other storage drives
- Added screenshot and video links to "Input on camera" email for recorded cameras
- Modified warnings to LDAP "Test" results to be clearer
- Added a possibility to use PTZ functions directly on Video Wall
- Incremental expansion of Server API documentation
- General server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics
- Inputs were not properly recognized from camera VK2-1080XVRDPTZf. Fixed.
- ACTi V32 did not accept Analog Encoder licenses. Fixed.
- Motion detection stopped working at DW-MV421 Onvif camera. Fixed.
- Server used default HTTP port :80 for Axis cameras instead of parsing multicast reply. Fixed.
- Desktop Client crashed while viewing archive recordings from some cameras with g726 coded audio. Noticed w/ Axis firmware 6.x. Fixed.
- Cameras intermittently displayed unauthorized state after moving between servers. Fixed.
- Video noise appeared on specific frames of DW-CP16. Fixed.
- Server crash when advanced settings modified for DWC-PF5MTIR. Fixed.
- Server locked after effort to restart it. Fixed.
- Windows Error Report about Server crash might appear right after update because of improper Server restart. Fixed.
- Server froze after "maximum archive days" option value had been decreased for any camera. Fixed.
- Server memory leak on email notifications. Fixed.
- If storage drive was mounted via Desktop Client first, then removed and mounted via fstab as local, it might become inaccessible. Fixed.
- Sending emails would not work if SMTP server did not support support PLAIN. Fixed.
- Local (not Internet connected) SMTP Server could not be used as Email Server for email notifications. Fixed.
- Email notifications for "Device Disconnected", "Network Issues" and "Generic Events" stopped functioning after the v2.5 update. Fixed.
- Server could not connect to LDAP without an active Internet connection. Fixed.
- If Desktop Client wasn't able to connect to Server directly, web page in camera Advanced Settings dialog couldn't be displayed. Fixed.
- Some local video couldn't be played in Desktop Client after the v2.5 update. Fixed.
- Motion alarm layout notifications (green frames) were improperly displayed. Fixed.
- Desktop Client intermittent crashes when zoom window was dragged between items. Fixed.
- Exporting to executable in Chinese language Desktop Client failed with message about absent FFMPEG. Fixed.
- Chinese input did not work in Desktop Client on Ubuntu. Fixed.
- Mobile App did not allow connection if login or password contained the specific symbols like '@', '#' etc. Fixed.
- System names in "Saved Connections" in Mobile App could change after connect to Server in case of specific network configuration. Fixed.
- iOS App may not to switch its orientation to portrait/landscape mode after switching between the applications. Fixed.
- Mobile App intermittently did not display video in 1080p. Fixed.
- Fixed "No video" issue from camera Sony SNC-VM772R.
- Archive playback hung on occasion if video item was switched to fullscreen mode. Fixed.
- Couldn't add camera manually if there was other offline device with the same IP in the Resources Tree. Fixed.
- Canon VB-S30D lost PTZ capabilities after some time after the initialization. Fixed.
- Server may not delete some particular video files during archive rewriting. Fixed. Rebuild of archive index is needed after update to 2.6.0.
- Server crashed on attempt to export video of big size via API GET /hls/<physicalId>.<format>
- Part of archive may not be played in Client if archive was located on several Servers of the System at the same time. Fixed.
- File exported as exe from 32 bit system couldn't be opened by double-clicking. Fixed.
- Video Wall didn't start on Windows startup. Fixed.
- Thumbnails were not loaded in Mobile Client for users with capital letters in login. Fixed.
Sound issues with Axis devices running firmware v6.x (live video has audio, but archive does not). Planned to fix in 3.0
Rare server crashes caused by unstable RTSP streams from certain Hikvision devices. The issue has been identified in systems with the following Hikvision models: DS-2CD2112F-I, DS-2CD2312-I, DS-2CD2332-I, DS-2CD6412FWD-20, DS-2CD2632F-I, DS-2CD2732CD2312-I, DS-2CD2332-I, DS-2CD6412FWD-20, DS-2CD2632F-I, DS-2CD2732
Nx Witness v2.6 ends support for Windows XP OS, which Microsoft officially quit supporting in April of 2014.
Nx Witness v2.5.0 (March 29 2016)
Nx Witness v2.5.0 is a major release bringing an entirely new level of functionality to Nx Witness with New Mobile Apps, Bookmarks, Storage Backup, Alarm Layout, PTZ-Preset-as-an-Action, and Live Video Text Overlay.
New Features (6)
- New Mobile Apps - Brand new cross-platform mobile apps for iOS and Android with better performance, revamped design and consistent user experience across both Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
- Bookmarks - Users can create bookmarks for specific segments of archived video with names, descriptions, and tags either manually or via the Rules & Events engine.
- Storage Backup - Users can now set up scheduled or real-time archive backup of high-res, low-res, or all streams from selected cameras to local, NAS, or even cloud-based storage locations (e.g. ftp sites, Amazon Prime Storage, etc).
- PTZ Preset as an Action - Users can now set up rules to trigger a PTZ preset as an action (e.g. create a motion event on a fixed camera that triggers the PTZ to look at the spot where motion occured)
- Alarm Layout - allows users to set display-camera-on-Alarm-Layout as an action (aka pop-up video on alarm).
- Live Video Text Overlay - allows users to create custom text overlays-as-an-action (including Generic Event API).
New Device Support (10)
- Axis F44 Main Unit
- Axis Q6000E panoramic camera
- ACTi V23 4 Channel Encoder (with I/O Support)
- Messoa IP Cameras (with I/O Support)
- Hikvision DS-6704HFI 4 Channel Video Server
- Implemented "Advanced" Settings for DWC-BVI2IR cameras
- Better support of ISD Panzilla cameras
- Vista VK2-1080XVRDPTPMF camera now mapped for advanced PTZ
- Arecont RTSP camera support implemented
- Digital I/O support for Arecont cameras implemented
- Added "Connect" button to the "Test" dialog during dialog
- Updated viewing cell icons and improved styling for "info" data
- Calendar widget can now be pinned
- Added layout background support for video wall
- Transcoding is now enabled by default for video export from multi-sensor cameras (e.g. DWC-PZV2M72T)
- Added warning before export if export will result in video downscaling (applies only to very high resolution or multi-sensor cameras)
- "Timeline mode" renamed to "Time Mode". Change can be seen in timeline, timestamps in Event Logs, Audit Trail and Bookmark Log
- Added ability to sort Alarm/Event Rules by any column
- Improved "Server Settings" and "System Administration" dialogs - now changes can be applied without closing dialog
- Storage Analytics improvement - storage utilized by deleted/moved out cameras is displayed separately
- Storage usage optimizations and improvements
- Improved time synchronization mechanism between Servers
- Improved error messages for some cases of push updates failure
- "Free Storage Space" is increased from 5Gb to 50Gb for NAS
- Server SSL can now be disabled
- API documentation is improved and extended
- General Server stability improvements based on anonymous usage and crash statistics
Bug Fixes (24)
- Server on Nx1 sometimes crashed on generic event. Fixed.
- Transcoded http-stream did not include an audio track. Fixed.
- Digital I/O could not be programmed for Honeywell cameras. Fixed.
- Digital I/O could not be programmed for Sony cameras with latest firmware. Fixed.
- AV20175DN firmware update re-ordered sensors. Fixed.
- DWC-MF10M36TIR camera streams MJPEG instead of h264 by default. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision AV3556 camera streams MJPEG instead of h264 by default. Fixed.
- MJPEG-stream instead of h264 is being requested from D-link 7110. Fixed.
- Focus buttons VK2-Encoder were not functional. Fixed.
- Triggered Event Rule with target I/O Module could disable all active output ports on device. Fixed.
- Changes were not applied in the Client until a Server's port was changed via Web Admin Interface. Fixed.
- Fisheye tours were not functioning properly. Fixed.
- Middle-click on the item with any default rotation always resulted in rotation to 0 degrees. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) on the timeline were not loaded if system time was modified. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) always displayed with local Server Time for cameras added as HTTP-links. Fixed.
- Video archive states (aka time chunks) disappeared from timeline after Server is stopped. Fixed.
- Client was not updated properly during update from local file. Fixed.
- Merge Systems failed if System name contained ":" character. Fixed.
- Rebuilding archive index failed if storage login contained '\' character. Fixed.
- Proxying locally via remote server sometimes failed. Fixed.
- Flag "Send usage statistics" check box was automatically checked after upgrade. Fixed.
- Watching live video via Android Client was not logged in Audit Trail. Fixed.
- Export with Paxton Plugin has led to the crash. Fixed.
- Chinese input did not work in Ubuntu Client. Fixed.
Build Number: 11500
Nx Witness v2.4.1 (November 3 2015)
Nx Witness v2.4.1 is an iterative release that includes an HTTP Generic Event API for integrating 3rd party system events, adds granular control to the automatic camera failover feature with Failover Priority, and introduces the all-new Nx Witness Web Client.
- Web Client RETURNS!
- Generic Event API
- Failover Priority
New Device Support
- Bosch X1600 16 channel encoder (PTZ not supported in initial integration)
- ACTi i96 camera
- Hikvision DS-6704HFI Encoder (ONVIF improvements)
- Added Restart Device and Reset to Factory Defaults to Web Admin Interface (Nx1 only).
- Improved accuracy of Storage Analytics feature.
- Added autofocus support for Vista VK2-3MPBIR28V12re and VK2-3MPVRDIR28V12re cameras.
- Improved ONVIF PTZ support for Redvision dome camera RVX-IP30-IRWL-W.
- Added PTZ presets support on Axis M7016 Encoder.
- Improved ONVIF PTZ support of Eneo cameras.
- Added Server Hardware ID (HWID) logging.
- Added "duration" to HTTP Streaming API.
- "Info" icon status improvements - saved for layouts, shows camera name only when not active.
- Improved Server Settings dialog.
- Maximum number of cameras is limited to 12 for Nx1 in failover settings.
- Safe Mode indication for NX1. If NX1 is booted in safe mode, any system changes are not allowed and the corresponding warning is displayed in client.
- "Server started after crash" notification renamed to "server restarted unexpectedly".
- Different RTSP links to the same camera generated Camera IP conflicts. Fixed.
- Notification "Rebuilding archive index is completed" erroneously shown when canceling rebuild process. Fixed.
- If time was changed on the computer running Server, Server time did not resynchronize to match. Fixed.
- Nx1 systems always had higher password priority while merging systems. Fixed.
- Wrong warning appeared while deleting user. Fixed.
- Client was opened with delay after minimization to Task Bar on Windows 10. Fixed.
- Advanced camera settings were not being requested for DW-MB421TIR camera. Fixed.
- MJPEG for ACTi-E921 did not work. Fixed.
- ONVIF-driven multi-channel encoders initialized incorrectly. Fixed.
- Video could be deleted on storage drives when OS HDD was replaced. Fixed.
- In case of disabled multicast camera did not record even when "enable recording" is set. Fixed.
- Memory leak while using NAS. Fixed.
- Server archived the same amount of data to all storages despite their size. Fixed.
Upgrade your system directly from any Nx Witness client using the following Build Number and Password.
Build Number: 10278
Nx Witness v2.4.0 (September 29 2015)
- I/O Module Support
- New User Management Dialog
- LDAP Integration
- Audit Trail
- Storage Analytics
- Storage SDK
NEW DEVICE SUPPORT
- Axis P8221 I/O Module
- ACTi V32 16 channel IP encoder
- Digital Watchdog DWC-BVI2IR
- Latest standard Arecont and Axis cameras are supported
- Ability to disable users. Disabling users instead of deleting them keeps user audit trail intact.
- Decrease CPU usage on camera-based Edge Server (ISD Jaguar).
- Improved usage statistics and crash reports.
- New warning when more than one server is recording to the same storage.
- When multiple servers are recording to a shared storage location (e.g. NAS) usage is shared more effectively.
- Mobile app performance improved when pulling video from Edge Server (ARM) devices.
- Adding NAS devices on Linux simplified to match Windows method.
- Check for updates automatically enabled by default.
- Video viewing synchronization in multi-server systems improved.
- Motion mask couldn't be changed for panoramic AV cameras in smart search mode. Fixed.
- Small issues in server API. Fixed.
- Intermittent "Loading" error in client in multi-server systems. Fixed.
- When client is started the keyboard cursor was not automatically moved to login dialog box. Fixed.
- Viewing video streams and information from a remote server with 2 public IPs failed. Fixed.
- Cameras that were not being recorded were shown as offline when autodiscovery was disabled. Fixed.
- In some cases Edge Media Server could not be stopped (specifically ISD Jaguar camera). Fixed.
- Archived video was inaccessible during fast archive scan. Fixed.
Nx Witness v2.3.2 (August 6 2015)
- Anonymous Usage & Crash Statistics
- Cross Network Connectivity
- Windows 10 Support
- Disable Server Auto-Discovery (for networks with multiple Systems).
- KbpGOP target bitrate added on expert tab of camera settings dialog
- Merge system dialog improvements.
- Auto update warning if there isn't enough free space on C:
- Web Admin. Login page for unknown requests.
- API documentation on server Web Admin is improved.
- Reduced CPU usage on ISD edge/CaaS cameras.
- Rebuilding server archive service more robust
(will continue rebuild from last point if rebuilding process is interrupted. e.g. Large NAS)
- Robust networking. (In systems with distributed servers - each behind their own NAT - port forwarding requires only one server for system to function properly.)
- Default system password changed to ”admin" ( used to be "123")
- Warning text clarifications.
- Auto-created Video Wall layouts no longer show up in resource tree.
- AVI export from AV20185 panoramic is broken. Fixed.
- Camera http link not available after camera reboot. Fixed.
- Motion Detection did not work on MJPEG streams. Fixed.
- Authentication issue if server time has been changed. Fixed.
- Server used to send multicast packets for cameras discovery if enable camera auto discovery was disabled, Server has no failover enabled or only one server in the System. Fixed.
- Login dialog displays servers with different protocol version as compatible. Fixed
Build Number: 9167
Nx Witness v2.3.1 (July 1 2015)
- Edge Server - for ARM-based cameras and server devices.
- New Anti-Virus and Firewall friendly HTTP tunneling.
- Embedded Client User Manual has been restored for offline use.
- System performs faster archive scan for external storage locations (NAS, DAS) which have been disconnected and are reconnected.
- Ability to add an independent RTSP stream from existing system ONVIF or auto discovered cameras.
- Optimized database synchronization between servers (server hive synchronization is now faster and less resource intensive).
- Archive periods are displayed more quickly on the timeline.
- Media Server startup times reduced.
- Client RAM usage optimized for playback of local files = better local file playback.
- ONVIF improvement: fixed secondary stream for camera PSIA | 3516F0.
- ONVIF improvement: if secondary stream is improperly reported as 0x0 resolution system still recognizes and uses it.
- Added "Absolute Positioning" on Samsung PTZ models (SNP-6321, SNP-5430).
- Added Input support for Avigilon cameras.
- Alarm Input not discovered on Samsung SNO-6011RP.
- Available System updates notification now only displayed for Administrators.
- Update notifications can now be disabled by Administrators.
- Dewarping now able to be used on local files. For example, users can export footage from a fish-eye camera and then apply dewarping to the fisheye image.
- Camera Streams Settings are more consistent. "Keep Camera Streams" flag can now only be changed if global setting "Allow system to optimize camera settings" is enabled.
- Video wall “Push my screen” no longer creates new layout by default.
- PTZ Tours now continue even if a PTZ camera goes offline in the system tree.
- API has been improved. Check the API documentation for more details.
- Camera streams display delay decreased. (Camera streams now display faster when first opened in viewing grid).
- IQ Cameras compatibility improved.
- Axis Cameras compatibility improved.
- Safer Merge Process. Database is now backed up on both systems prior to merge.
- Empty lines appeared in layouts when deleting cameras. Fixed.
- Cameras being recorded on a failover server occasionally did not properly return to primary server when primary server came back online. Fixed.
- Screenshot from panoramic camera showed picture from only one sensor. Fixed
- Windows OS resizing issue - if double clicking on the application frame in computers running Windows the client does not always display properly. Fixed.
- If an external storage was mounted after Server start, archive from it wasn't available till restart. Fixed.
- "Camera Disconnect" notification did not always show up for cameras that weren’t recording. Fixed.
- "Network Issue" icon in Tree did not properly disappear for a camera after 2 minutes of normal operation. Fixed
- If Failover occurred and camera was moved several times between servers camera status could be displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
- Server could not open RTSP Link streamed by another Server. Fixed.
- ACTi search bug: MAC address intermittently switched to 00-00-00-00-00-00. Fixed.
- MAC OS - Update notification popped up even if all components were of the same latest version. Fixed.
- In rare cases Split/Merge Systems worked incorrectly if servers were accessing each other via Public IP (Client could not reconnect). Fixed.
- Incorrect firmware version was displayed if a firmware was upgraded after the camera was discovered. Fixed.
- On lower-powered computers update intermittently resulted in timeout. Timeout period has been increased.
- Archive was not displayed on timeline even though user could navigate through it. Fixed.
- Fixed HTTP streaming for Android mobile App.
- Debug text was shown on the Server web page above the header (Ubuntu+Firefox only). Fixed.
- Web-Admin API Page tree that could not always be expanded. Fixed.
- Deleted camera would appear again even when auto discovery was disabled. Fixed.
- Media Server crash when rebuilding archive on password-protected remote storages (Windows Server 2008). Fixed.
- Camera was stopping in wrong positions during PTZ tour. Fixed.
- Servers were disappearing from “updates" dialog while updating to an incompatible version. Fixed.
- Motion data could be lost if storage went offline temporary. Fixed.
- Layouts' background might be lost during migration from 2.2.1 to 2.3. Fixed: It is necessary to update 2.2.1 to 2.3.1 to keep this data.
- Server Email settings were intermittently lost after client restart. Fixed.
- Some Axis camera models had a high FPS configured on secondary stream on Axis cameras. Fixed.
- Not possible to merge two systems with the same user name. Fixed.
- If disable and re-enable secondary stream in Expert settings after camera initialization software motion could not be configured. Fixed.
- For some Arecont Vision panoramic cameras zoom window takes 4 cells at the scene instead of one. Fixed.
- Do not control camera settings" option worked only after recording on this camera had been restored. Fixed.
- Client Opens on Correct Monitor if two monitors are used but when more than two monitors its incorrect.
- In rare issues when Multicast failed in a network cameras would not be recorded. Fixed.
- Adjusted bitrate for DW cameras.
- Improvements to DW MEGApix® IP cameras’ recording bit rate.
- Live and Playback issues for DW VMAX Flex™ and VMAX 960H™ DVRs have been resolved.
- Vista Camera improvement - had to press the "AF" button twice to initiate. Fixed.
Build Number: 8767
Nx Witness v2.3 Patch 8388 (April 20 2015)
NX WITNESS V2.3 BUILD 8388 BUG FIXES:
- Lost video streams from manually added cameras after moving between servers. Fixed.
- Auto-discovered cameras not returning to online status after server restart. Fixed.
- NAS/Windows Server memory leak. Fixed.
- Secondary stream problems resolved. Fixed.
Nx Witness v2.3 Patch 8344 (March 30 2015)
BUG FIXES IN 8344 BUILD
- Android App update - slight update to the server and fixed display issues on Nexus 6 devices.
- Timeline recorded video fix - green segments for recorded video on the timeline were occasionally not displaying properly.
- Rare System Freeze - Two branches of code in v2.3 were conflicting and this resulted in the some users experienced a stoppage of recording, system merge failures, and slow camera loading. This issue has been fixed.
- Non-IP Server Address Issue - the server hive environment worked incorrectly if servers were set to address each other by DNS (rather than IP). This could lead to various intermittent problems.This issue has been fixed.
- NAS storage issue - if NAS was in a system and then removed or unable to be discovered after an upgrade the Server pointed at that NAS address would take up to 10 minutes to start.
KNOWN ISSUES WITH BUILD 8344
- This version does not contain Anti-Virus (BitDefender) fix. We're still working on it. As soon as we're done, we'll give you a patched version for installations using BitDefender.
- Windows OS resizing issue - if double clicking on the Nx Witness application frame in computers running Windows the client does not always display properly. Still an issue - fix coming soon.
Nx Witness v2.3 (March 11 2015)
Server Hive Architecture. No Single Point-of-Failure.
Automatic Failover. One-Click Upgrades. And More.
With a radical new server-hive architecture Nx Witness v2.3 redefines what it means to combine simplicity of use with advanced features.
NO SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE.
(SERVER HIVE ARCHITECTURE)
With version 2.3 all servers in a system are now part of a Server Hive and continuously synchronize system configuration settings. This allows operators to connect to any server at any time to view the entire system. This, in turn, creates a system capable of adapting to server failures in real-time and ensures no single point of failure in multi-server systems.
AUTOMATIC CAMERA FAILOVER.
With v2.3's Server Hive architecture comes automatic camera failover. In case of server failure the cameras will be immediately transferred to other system servers. Servers must be enabled as failover servers, and users can define maximum camera capacity of failover servers. If a failed server once gain becomes available, cameras will return to their original server.
ONE-CLICK SYSTEM-WIDE UPGRADES.
With version 2.3 system administrators can now upgrade an entire system (all servers and clients in a system, regardless of operating system or device type) to a newer version or to a specific build from any client connected to the system. If the system does not have Internet access, users are provided a link which will download a system-specific update package in .zip format - which can then be installed from any Client connected to the system.
VIDEO WALL / REMOTE MONITOR.
In v2.3 we introduce another flexible, mind-blowing feature - Video Wall / Remote Monitor. This feature allows a single user or multiple users to control an unlimited number of video wall/remote monitors in real-time from any Nx Witness client. Video Wall is a licensed feature - with each license adding 1 user and 2 screens. So, for example, if a system has 20 video wall/remote the system would need 10 video wall licenses.
EMBEDDED SDK + API = ABSOLUTELY OPEN.
We want our users to be able to use Nx Witness in any way they can conceive of - and so we're introducing an open, documented API and SDK directly into the Nx Witness Server package. That's right - whenever you install Nx Witness server you also get access to our API and SDK. No strings attached. No registrations. Just total access.
With the Nx Witness Server API developers can fully integrate Nx Witness into 3rd party systems such Access Control, Video Content Analysis, Point-of-Sale solutions and more.
The Video Source SDK allows integrators, end-users and tech partners the ability to integrate video streams from early any source - including cameras, 3rd party DVRs & NVR's or even cloud-based storage.
Edge (aka ARM device support).
In version 2.3 the system Server can now be installed and run on virtually any ARM® device. This allows Nx Witness's full Server application to run on cameras, microcomputers, embedded devices, and more. Edge is a licensed feature and is available only to manufacturer partners of Network Optix. Have an Edge application for Nx Witness you'd like to discuss? Email us.
Universal Fisheye Dewarping.
Nx Witness now supports fisheye dewarping on any type of fisheye lens - including panamorph lenses. Users can automatically or manually configure dewarping under the camera settings dialog.
Max/Min Recording Time per Camera.
Version 2.3 gives users the ability to specify the minimum and maximum amount of days footage will be archived from each camera. Max/Min settings can be applied to individual or multiple cameras. For example, in a single system one camera could be set to record for a maximum time of 30 days, and another for a minimum of 7 days.
Web-Based Camera Settings.
Version 2.3 now includes the ability to view the camera's native web page inside the camera settings dialog. This feature is available currently for a few camera models and works over both LAN and WAN connections. The feature only applies to select cameras in the 2.3 release but can be extended to additional models. Have a camera you'd like to add this feature for? Email Us.
Web Admin Redesign.
In version 2.3 there is an all-new web administration client that gives users the ability to monitor server health and storage configuration, remotely restart servers, merge or split systems, or modify System ID, port, login and password. The web monitoring client has been temporarily removed while it undergoes a full redesign for enhanced usability and will be available again in v2.4 in mid-2015.
Simplified System Expansion (aka joining systems).
Servers/system can now be managed (merged or split) with just a few clicks by a system administrator in the system client or web administration interface.
One Network Port For Everything.
With version 2.3 network traffic is now directed through a single port (7001) on each server, making port forwarding much simpler.
Advanced Routing Management.
Network setup between servers is now simpler and more flexible. While the system automatically detects and configures network routing upon setup we have added the option (for advanced network configurations) to assign specific IP addresses that can be used for accessing servers (e.g. public/internal IP addresses, domain names etc) in an all-new advanced routing management dialog.
System and Local Settings Dialog Improvement.
System settings and Local settings have been reorganized into separate dialogs to simplify setup and provide a faster, cleaner, and more logical user experience when modifying configurations.
Smarter Time Synchronization.
With version 2.3 Time Synchronization is simpler and more powerful than ever. For systems with active Internet connection the system will automatically synchronize time with a selection of public NTP servers. For systems without Internet connections users can choose a local system server to serve as the time-server.
In version 2.3 users can now customize their client to their liking with the ability to change background animation color, disable background animation completely, or even assign an image as background.
- Live video playback is smoother.
- More flexible camera reassignment. Cameras can now be dragged to a new server even when they are offline or undiscovered.
- Main Menu and Context Menu have been reorganized and simplified..
- Preview Search has been simplified by adding a right-click drill-down feature on a time slice.
- Servers that need to be updated to match the latest version installed in the system are now shown in red in the about menu.
- Smarter mouse zoom behavior while viewing multiple videos on the grid.
- E-Mail notifications now have customizable templates.
- ESC hot-key behavior has been changed. To toggle full screen use Alt+Enter. To close dialogs or cancel actions, use ESC.
- Login username dialog now automatically populated with the last known login (previously blank) and can also be saved.
- Administrators can now delete invalid and expired licenses.
- Camera rotation can now be saved as default rotation for individual cameras.
- Media server conflicts notification now contains the specific list of cameras that are used by conflicting servers.
- Additional default event rules: "Media Server Started" event has been added with associated "Write to Log" and "E-mail Notification" actions.
- If connection to Server is lost, the appropriate message is displayed (used to be a notification in the right panel).
- Support streaming without transcoding to mobile devices (HLS). Greatly reduces server CPU load.
- Error messages when activating licenses clarified.
- Current version is now displayed in the login dialog and the "beta version" form (previously shown in "About" form).
- It is now possible to delete online cameras from resource tree. To prevent rediscovery auto-discovery should be disabled.
- If the Login dialog is active it is now possible to perform background actions.
- Layout naming conflicts now resolved. If an Administrator creates, saves, and shares a layout with user(s) and the user(s) subsequently modifies the shared layout the user will be prompted with a "save-as" dialogue and can save the newly modified layout with a new name.
- Licensing types increased: added Edge (ARM devices), Video Wall licenses.
- Licensing information is now stored in a separate database to allow for clearing of the server database without loss of licenses.
- It is now possible to adjust RTSP transport per camera (used to be per server).
- "Do not archive primary stream" and "Do not archive secondary stream" options added in expert camera settings form.
- Aspect ratio for some cameras has been adjusted to display them correctly.
- Multi-video export dialog no longer prevents interaction with client during export.
- Generic RTSP/HTTP links look cleaner in system resource tree.
- Windows XP support restored.
- Password-protected external storage devices (NAS, DAS, etc) now supported for both Windows and Linux.
- Server logs now contain memory and cpu usage which is recorded every 10 minutes.
- The Server archive index is now stored in the Server database (previously stored on the file system), which allows users to move hard drives with archived data to a new server without needing to rebuild the server archive index.
- Added a new event "License Issue" - which notifies users of licensing problems.
- Auto-discovery times decreased (finds new cameras faster!).
- Improved PTZ control - lowered control latency and more intuitive controls.
- Increased compatibility with existing and new supported cameras.
- Cameras with the same name are now sorted by IP Address in the Resource Tree.
- UI animation optimization (especially if using E-Map feature).
- Double-clicking worked incorrectly in dewarping mode if panoramic is 360°. This issue has been fixed.
- Screenshots from dewarped cameras worked incorrectly for low-resolution streams. This issue has been fixed.
- If a fisheye camera was moved to a new server "Fish-eye" all saved positions and tours were removed. This issue has been fixed.
- Fixed notification on input signal that did not work in some cases.
- Alarm/Event Rules for specific cameras were not propagated when cameras were moved to a new server. This has been fixed.
- Some event rules that did not work if one of Servers was behind NAT. This has been fixed.
Manual Camera Addition
- It was impossible to manually add several AXIS cameras if they use public IPs and the same RTSP port. This has been fixed.
- ACTI authorization error if ACTI camera was added manually (sometimes credentials were reset to default-ones). Fixed.
- Sometimes it was possible to add the camera manually even if it was already in the list. This has been fixed.
- Camera Diagnostics worked incorrectly if a camera was added manually with non-standard discovery port. This has been fixed.
- Motion detection for http-link not previously supported. This has been fixed.
- Smart Search did not work for generic RTSP/HTTP links on Linux after rebuilding archive index. Issue fixed.
- Camera could not be added as an http link if it had already been added and then removed from another Server. Fixed.
Motion Mask Dialogue:
- Motion Mask displayed incorrectly if there were multiple motion mask areas. Issue has been fixed.
- Default motion mask value has been changed to 5.
- PTZ camera controls did not work for non-admin user if it was moved from another server. Fixed.
- PTZ controls displayed incorrectly after authorization credentials were entered (zoom only was available). Fixed.
- Deleted layouts remained in system resource tree until the Client was restarted. This issue has been fixed.
- If a stream was opened in a new window it was not possible to save a layout in the new window. Fixed.
- If layout has been created after the user has logged in then cameras were sometimes not displayed. Fixed.
- Fixed the issue with saving multi-video layout after changes. The message about local files presence was displayed sometimes, even if there were no local files.
- Sometimes the save-on-close dialog was frozen when Multi-Video export was closed. Fixed
- When set to pause, video started playing after opening new camera on layout. Fixed.
- In some environments Motion mask was displayed for multi-video only when video was played backward. Fixed.
Zoom Window Fixes:
- Time wasn't refreshed on zoom item that was made from panoramic camera. Issue has been fixed.
- Info was disabled for zoomed item if zoom window was moved to another item. This issue has been fixed.
- In rare circumstances no cameras were displayed in the camera list form when opened. This issue has been fixed.
- If a camera was moved from one server to another its status was sometimes displayed incorrectly in the resource tree. Fixed.
- It was possible to rename a user login to "admin". This issue has obviously been fixed.
- Some dialogs were displayed under other dialogs instead of displaying on top (update notification, sound renaming). This could block the UI interaction. This issue has been fixed.
- Timestamp in archived screenshots was displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
- In rare cases the application could crash when performing screen recording with sound enabled on Windows 8.1. Fixed.
- Sometimes empty rows appeared in the resource tree after deleting cameras. Fixed.
- In rare cases NO DATA was displayed on LIVE cameras. Fixed.
- CPU usage on health monitoring on Windows 8 was calculated incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- Flickering during playback (Linux only). Issue fixed.
Nx Witness v2.2.1 (July 2014)
- Product rebranded to Nx Witness.
- Onvif protocol support improvements.
- Web client optimization for Internet Explorer 9+.
- Progress bar added for remote camera screenshot downloads.
- Motion sensitivity default changed from 6 to 5.
- Addressed installation errors on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008.
- Incorrect motion detection. Fixed.
- Android app thumbnail display error resolved.
- Improved motion-detection support for non-Onvif cameras integrated via SDK.
- If a new drive was mounted after Media Server started, it would stop recording once filled. Fixed.
- Client crash during media folder check fixed (in rare instances when certain file formats were present).
HD Witness v2.2 (March 15 2014)
- Simplified network configuration protocols: requires a single port configuration and forwarding, eliminating the need to port-forward the three pre-existing ports for all media servers as required in older versions. Enterprise Controller, Media Proxy and Media Server ports have been replaced by a one port connection (normally 7001). In addition, the Enterprise Controller is no longer required to connect to each Media Server. For the Client to access video, the Media Server simply connects to the Enterprise Controller, not bi-directionally as before.
- PTZ Tours. Our PTZ feature has been expanded to include advanced camera tours and also allow our users to set a default “home” position that the camera can be set to return to after any use. The “home” position refers to the default position preset the camera returns to after a user definable period of time. It can either be a preset position position or it can return to a predefined tour schedule.
- Light skin UI. A user is able to select between a light and a dark UI options (see System Settings).
- New events and actions:
- A continuous sound on "Motion on camera" and "Input signal on camera" events.
- Disk is full - a notification will appear if a user selects storage with no available space.
- New "Media server is started" diagnostic event.
- Once Camera is discovered, the software attempts to configure the following settings on Camera: the best possible image quality for the main video stream (best possible resolution and FPS) and optimal quality for the secondary stream.
- In some cases it may be necessary to set up custom stream settings on Cameras. For this purpose a new "Allow server to optimize cameras settings" checkbox is added to the installer and to system settings. Enabled by default, it can be disabled during initial system installation and/or within the client.
- Simplified archive recovery (lost data due to migration or partial HDD failure):
- Added a new recovery button to the "Server Settings" dialog.
- Archive can be restored with no interruption to recording.
- Improved compatibility mode: ability to download any previous Client versions. If Client and Server versions are different, the correct Client version will be downloaded automatically (Not available for MacOS client).
- Auto detection of layout aspect ratio.
- The default layout aspect ratio is 16:9.
- If only one item is added, the aspect ratio of the new layout will equal to item’s aspect ratio.
- If multiple items are added, the layout aspect ratio will be determined by the most common item aspect ratio.
- Ability to fix aspect ratio for any video resource: added a new checkbox in "Camera Settings -> Expert" tab.
- Generic HTTP plugin for simple streaming.
- The export progress dialog is now modal. A user can perform other actions while exporting.
- Added an ability to select any corner for placing a timestamp:
- For screenshots. Click on "Screenshot" and "Save Screenshot as" will appear.
- There is a new drop-down "Timestamps" list on the bottom of the dialog window with the following options: No timestamp, Top Left Corner, Top Right Corner, Bottom Left Corner and Bottom Right Corner.
- Selected export area. The same drop-down list appears on the bottom of the "Export Video As" window. Note: The drop-down “Timestamps” list is disabled for .exe format.
- Added a new checkbox to "Disable/Enable Auto Discovery" in “System Settings -> Server"
- Ability to resize resource tree’s panel.
- GPU-powered cient-side fisheye camera dewarping can now be applied universally to any symmetrical fisheye camera lens application.
- An automatic and manual fisheye de-warp calibration system has been added in camera settings after a camera has been manually designated as fisheye creating a much better forensic dewarping fisheye video experience.
- Dewarping is now available for still images.
- Ability to run Client in configuration mode. This mode is activated automatically if Client is running on a weak PC (in terms of CPU and/or video adapter). Applies to DW Blade only. This mode is restricted (all animations and notifications are turned off and only one video can be viewed at a time).
- Added more login ID/password combinations to improve camera auto-discovery.
- A fisheye flag has been added. When the flag is on, PTZ control is automatically disabled.
- Added a vendor name to "Camera Settings" and "Camera List".
- Dewarping is improved. Added a new additional tab for adjusting the center and dewarping radius.
- A new database has been created for backing up an installation due to a failed database migration.
- Improved the dialog for manual camera addition. A list of cameras will appear automatically as located.
- Added an external server guide to prevent cloning.
- Improved license activation notification system.
- Health monitoring improvements:
- Added server uptime to health monitoring
- Only 10 characters from a network connection name are displayed
- The "No Signal" notification is replaced by "Server Offline"
- Event and Actions -> Camera List.
- All cameras that do not support I/O are highlighted in red
- Added tooltips with error description
- "Once per" wording has been changed to "No more than once per"
- Added audio-support for select ACTi models: E-,D-, T-, K-, B-, I-series.
- Increased maximum fps to 30 fps for HTTP and RTSP plugins.
- Added a zoom combination "Alt+ Mouse Wheel" to enable/disable wheel zooming.
- Incompatible auto-discovered EC(s) are automatically highlighted in the login dialog with EC’s version displayed.
- The login dialog notifications are now more informative:
- "You are trying to connect to an incompatible Enterprise Controller” will appear when trying to connect with a different customization.
- "Wrong user or password" will appear when trying to connect with an incorrect login ID or password.
- In all other instances, a general message will be displayed.
- Improved license expiration warning notifications:
- The "License Expiration" dialog is displayed for Administrator only.
- The license expiration message is now displayed once a day in the following order: 15, 10, 5, 3, 2, 1 day(s) before the final expiration. The message will appear one last time after the final expiration.
- Changed the default event accumulation time for rules from "Instant" to "30 second". Data is automatically grouped by category (represented as lines), making the notification panel much easier to use.
- The last minute of archive appears striped on the timeline.
- Introduced a new setting for video timeout to further optimize bandwidth efficiency:
- Added a new checkbox - "Auto Pause Video" (see System Settings => General). If the checkbox is on, the video is paused automatically once a mouse is inactive to avoid the unnecessary bandwidth consumption. User selectable between 1 - 60 minutes
- Android. Added audio for RTSP transport (only for AAC encoding).
- “Client Only” Installer. Added a "Launch Client when set up exists" parameter to the last page.
- A screenshot is always captured in high resolution regardless of the resolution quality the stream is displaying in when captured.
- Added a new button to open the “Client Log” folder.
- Added a new "Zoom to Selection" action to timeline’s context menu. The selection is automatically zoomed when clicked. If there is no selection on the timeline, "Zoom to Selection" is unavailable.
- Ability to view client logs and clear cache.
- Client graphics and animation have been optimized.
- Thumbnails for panoramic cameras are disabled.
- Tray Tool. An incorrect EC port appeared whenever changed. Fixed.
- After a Media Server upgrade, the previous application version appeared in the "About" section. Fixed.
- If dealing with over 3,000 resources, Enterprise Controller could not be restarted. Fixed.
- "Say" has been renamed to "Speak" in Alarm/Event Rules.
- "Change Camera Aspect Ratio" is removed from the camera context menu.
- The Media Server log file limit has been increased by x5.
- The Tray Tool menu did not disappear when clicking off the box. Fixed.
- Whenever creating a user layout, the new layout will now appear under the user only and not under Admin (though fully accessible by Admin)
- The "Connect to EC" dialog did not appear after making a language selection. Fixed.
- Any previously opened item will re-open with the same aspect ratio.
- Vivotek encoder. The first panel did not appear in the group after discovery. Fixed.
- When stopping and deleting server from Resource Tree and re-starting again, the server version was not displayed in the “About” section. Fixed.
- Zoom window. Video played upside down when moving a zoom window from a fish-eye camera to another item. Fixed.
- Multi-view export. The quality identifier has been removed.
- “+/-“ timeline zoom inactivity. Fixed.
- Timeline did not disappear when toggling fullscreen using F11. Fixed.
- Removed "Change Resolution" from the context menu for multi-view purposes.
- Client did not respond to "Alt+Space". Fixed.
- Screen recording did not work for the secondary screen. Fixed.
- The automatic name for Digital Watchdog PTZ cameras included a prefix. Fixed.
- Recording was not automatically stopped upon license expiration. Fixed.
- Double-clicking on item’s rotate button did not start rotation. Fixed.
- All active notifications now appear after setting the appropriate checkbox in notification settings (only for system messages)
- When clicking on "Help" in "Layout Settings", "Browse" did not appear. Fixed.
- The top panel no longer appears after the “window” mode.
- "IP Address" in Media Server Settings is disabled. A user can no longer make any changes.
- Selecting multiple hours in the calendar did not work properly. Fixed.
- All known Axis encoder PTZ issues have been resolved.
- Incorrect event notifications (wrong time specified). Fixed.
- Removed “Panic Recording” from the front panel.
HD Witness v2.1 (December 2013)
- MAC Client is released!
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED:
- Support for multiple new Arecont Vision camera models as well supporting de-warping for Arecont Vision cameras using fisheye lenses.
- More ACTi cameras now supported with upgrades to additional Acti cameras fixing dual-streaming issues.
- Vivotek support is improved: SD81X1 is supported and PTZ is fixed for Sd8111 and Sc83x1.
- Expanded support for Axis encoders and fixed stream count issues with multiple video encoder models.
- Upgraded support for multiple PTZ and fisheye de-warping features in general.
- Added support for additional D-Link camera models.
- Support for more advanced RTSP extensions to extend potential cameras compatibility via RTSP.
- Upgrades to client forensic zoom controls when in full layout view.
- Individual analog channels via encoders now supported for events, alerts and notifications.
- Linux media server upgrades to improve support for large camera counts per server (>128).
- Removed ability to duplicate layout names.
- Added Audio recording for ISD cameras and generic RTSP streams.
- Added intelligent management for drive arrays with multiple different disk sizes used.
- Major upgrades to generic RTSP streaming from any source.
- Layouts now saved with pre-established fisheye de-warped views.
- More streamlined licensing messaging.
- Linux Client created incorrect Media Folder in user’s home directory. Fixed.
- With an open Multi-Video it played back, but did not display properly in the tree. Fixed.
- Layout background (E-Mapping) did not restore properly after logout. Fixed.
- If Enterprise Controller was removed on Linux, mediaproxy process did not stop. Fixed.
- “Text to Speech” did not work properly on Linux. Fixed
- If a new Media Server was installed, it was not reflected in the “About” screen until Client was restarted. Fixed.
- Fixed timeline display for daylight savings shifts.
- If media server was restarted manually, it resulted in “Media Server restarted after crash” message. Fixed.
- Network statistics did not work on Linux media servers on some network adapters. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision streams were stuck displaying archived footage in some network environments. Fixed.
- While upgrading from 1.5.x -> 2.0.x, some rare machines could lose licenses. Fixed.
- Adding generic RTSP streams did not work on Linux server. Fixed.
- Time was displayed incorrectly in some multi-video exports (time zone was not reflected). Fixed.
- If SMTP server was changed in advanced E-Mail settings, the previous settings were sometimes restored when the settings form was re-opened. Fixed.
- x64 Client for Linux could not use images for E-Mapping in some cases. Fixed.
- Media Server could not be installed on some machines with a clean Ubuntu build ‘out-of-the-box’. Fixed.
- Fixed false Camera IP conflict generation for generic RTSP streams. Fixed.
- Linux Client could hang on NVidia video cards if “VSync” was enabled. Fixed.
- Zoom Windows on rotated items were not displayed correctly. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision panoramic sensor arrangement issues now fixed. Requires camera and media server restart.
- Offline External Storages (USB hard drives or Samba shares) could decrease writing speed. Fixed.
HD Witness v2.0 (September 2013)
- “Forensic SpyGlass” zoom windows. An ability to create single or multiple new views from an existing stream by drawing a rectangle over the desired area using the “new window” button (located on the original stream toolbar). “Forensic SpyGlass” can then be moved between original streams in the layout maintaining the zoom window from one to the other.
- Events and actions:
- Notifications have been completely redesigned and now reside on the right panel.
- New actions have been added:
- “Play Sound” – ability to play sound when event occurs. Sound can either be selected from an existing library or uploaded by the user.
- “Text to Speech” – Computer voice ability to vocalize when a new event occurs. Extends the “Play Sound” action.
- “Instant Output”. It is now possible to connect output actions to instant events (i.e. motion start).
- Mapping System. An ability to position cameras on a schematic layout (i.e. building plan/facility map) and save/lock layout.
- History of events and actions. All events and actions are now displayed for easy data sorting and filtering. Additionally, “Check Server Issues” and “Check Camera Issues” have been added to Media Servers and Cameras Context Menu.
- Cameras List is introduced displaying all existing cameras allowing users to sort and filter data.
- Video color/gamma correction. (“Video Enhancer”) This feature can be activated by pressing the contrast icon located on the actual item. Darker scenes are best to use for showcasing the full capacity of this feature. Use Context Menu to adjust feature settings. It is also possible to export video while retaining the feature.
- Ability to adjust the quality of the second stream in camera settings. This may be useful in particular scenarios but is only recommended for advanced users of the system.
- Visual Motion Indication. Motion is visually indicated.
- Motion email notifications now include a video link. Opens stream in the web client.
- Locked Layouts are introduced disallowing any changes to layouts.
- Compatibility with Windows Server 2012 Family.
- Compatibility with Ubuntu 13.
- Translatable Tray Tool. Language settings are applied to both Client and Tray Tool.
- Fish-eye cameras are supported (enabling “fish-eye” in camera settings is required). A De-Warping filter can now be applied to fisheye streams along with PTZ navigation, zoom windows and other functionalities including 90°, 180° and 360° mini panoramic views
- Offline cameras diagnostics is implemented. By clicking on Diagnose, the software will report the most probable reason(s) for a particular camera to appear offline and will generate all the necessary data required for support. This new capability will ease self-diagnostic efforts and assist support in resolving the issue.
- Client Only Installer is now available on Windows.
- Software is now available in French and Simplified Chinese Language options.
- Multi-core Processing
- Major enhancements to Media Server’s multicore processing architecture allowing greater processing efficiency on all single and multicore processors
- Client Launch:
- Auto-connection can now be activated on the login page. It will use pre-established user name and password to connect to server automatically.
- Ability to run Client when computer boots up.
- When client connects to a system with different versions of server components (i.e EC 1.5.1, MS1 1.5.0 and MS2 1.5.1), a warning message will appear.
- The “About” section now displays versions in use by all connected media servers
- Client UI Main Controls:
- The algorithm applied to arrow key item navigation (UP, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN) has been improved.
- The current local time appears under playback control buttons.
- The UI tab settings (pinned or hidden tabs) are automatically saved in between client launches.
- When resizing video on scene, text (i.e. Unauthorized, NO SIGNAL etc.) did not scale properly. Fixed.
- A screenshot camera icon button has been added to on stream controls for one click capture.
- *** Improved behavior for zoom windows on rotated items.
- New Context Menu items: Backup/Restore and Alarm/Event Rules (“System”).
- If a camera is experiencing technical difficulties (at least three network issues over the last minute), the camera will be marked with an exclamation mark.
- Thumbnails will appear in Resource Tree when hovering over a camera with a mouse cursor.
- Thumbnails will appear in the “Select Cameras” dialog when hovering over a camera with a mouse cursor while configuring Event Rules or copying Recording Schedule to cameras.
- A ping button has been added to the Media Server Settings dialog. If the computer is pinging, but Media Server appears to be offline, then it is most likely a software related problem. Otherwise, it is likely to be a hardware problem and a hard reset may be required.
- Screen Recording:
- Recorded files are now displayed properly in Windows Media Player even if the initial recording was performed in high quality.
- Recorded files are displayed much better when recording in “Application Window” vs. fullscreen.
- Camera Settings:
- Previously, the application forced cameras to change their primary stream settings to max resolution and fps/quality from Recording Schedule settings. Secondary stream settings were set automatically. It is now possible to leave settings pre-configured (i.e. set up specific resolution, FPS and quality for the 1st and 2nd streams on a camera’s web page and retain for use in the software. Warning: this is an Expert Mode feature and may cause for the system to work unexpectedly if used incorrectly.
- The default motion sensitivity level in motion dialog has been changed to 5 (used to be 8).
- The “Open Item” button has been added to the “Camera Settings” form opening the current camera in a new tab.
- A Ping button was added to General tab of Camera Settings next to camera IP address for simple response test
- *** A user can now add RTSP streams. It was not possible in earlier versions to view streams that were generated by specific Media Servers (camera streams worked well).
- Health monitoring:
- Added an ability to enable/disable graphs
- Added an ability to outline a specific graph by hovering over the description with a mouse (while all other graphs appear decolorized).
- Added Network Usage to Health Monitoring.
- Added new buttons to show log and server check issues.
- Layout/Multi Videos:
- Improved behavior for all local files that are saved on a layout.
- Local files are not allowed in multi-videos.
- Web Client:
- Web Client can be opened directly from the Tree Context menu (System) and Main Menu.
- Panoramic cameras are now supported (1st sensor is displayed).
- “Enterprise” license type has been renamed to Professional.
- Four free licenses have been discontinued and replaced by four free 30-day trial licenses across all versions.
- When opening a PTZ camera in fullscreen and using a mouse wheel to zoom in, it was not possible to zoom out if PTZ controls were active. It can now be done by double-clicking.
- Events and Actions:
- Notification settings are stored in the database. The login credentials remain the same regardless of the computer in use.
- An aggregation column has been added to Event and Action (was previously located in advanced E&A settings).
- E-Mail templates are improved with direct contact links to respective support systems.
- A new filter has been added to “Event/Actions” dialog.
- Manual Camera Addition:
- When a user tried to add an existing camera manually, the application displayed “No Cameras Found” for the existing cameras. The application now instructs the user that the camera is already registered and cannot be added again.
- Time Line:
- A time selector has been added to Calendar.
- A localized date/time format is now used in Time Line (based on regional settings).
- When exporting a single camera, the default filename is “Camera name+start day+start time” (previously a MAC address).
- Added a screenshot timestamp option.
- The “Open New Window” button along with a progress bar has been added to the export dialog. It is now possible to open a new Client instance and continue working during export.
- All current video streams are purposely paused during export to save bandwidth.
- The previous database version can now be backed up during upgrades. In case of failure, the database can be restored to the previous version.
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- Arecont Vision: all latest models
- Avigilon: 2.0-H3-D1-IR, 2.0-H3-DO1-IR, 2.0-H3M-DO1, 2.0W-H3-BO1-IR
- Axis: all models
- Vivotek: SD8362E, FD8372, IP8335H, FD8134, IP8362, MD8562, IP8151, IP8133, FD8135H, FE8172V, CC8130, FD8136 (PTZ), FD8361 (PTZ), FD8362E (PTZ), FD8161 (PTZ)
- Dahua: IPC-HFW3200S
- ACTi cameras with older firmware versions are now supported (T series < 4.13, K series < 5.08 and A1 series < 6.03). Newest firmware version is also supported. Input/output for ACTi cameras are now supported.
- Sony: SNCRH124 (Advanced PTZ)
- Any RTSP stream can now be added as a camera by entering the desired RTSP URL into the manual addition form vs. camera’s IP.
- iOS client now works on iOS 5
- A sorted list of cameras is now displayed
- A camera name appears in the top left corner
- Panoramic cameras are now supported (1st sensor is displayed)
- The server status was not displayed properly. Fixed.
- If a camera archive contained too many recorded fragments, live video would occasionally freeze. Fixed.
- When logging in using a combination of caps and lowercase characters (Admin – admin), camera list did not appear. Fixed.
- Panoramic cameras are now supported (1st sensor is displayed).
- Added an ability to save and restore connection details.
Client UI Main Controls:
- Tooltips appeared in incorrect locations. Fixed.
- After logging out and opening a local file in a new window, Client did not connect to EC. Fixed.
- The recording icon on video items could be resized. Fixed.
- “NO SIGNAL” among other text appeared on panoramic cameras multiple times. Fixed.
- When zooming in on an item and then closing the client (ALT + F4), all panels disappeared after the restart. Fixed.
- Client resulted in occasional freezing if a media folder contained too many files (>100,000 files). The limit is now set to 1,000 files.
- If too many cameras with a large number of recording fragments were opened simultaneously, Fixed Client occasionally crashed. Fixed.
- Auto-reset for camera output did not function correctly for some camera models.
- When selecting “Add” and “Apply” in the Events/Actions dialog, the event rule was occasionally duplicated causing an improper work cycle. Fixed.
- It was impossible to change notifications from “All Users” to “For Administrators Only” in the Alarm/Event Rules form (advanced settings only). Fixed.
- Panic recording was impossible to stop if recording for all cameras was turned off. Fixed.
- Fixed all existing issues with inactive external storages (incorrect recording status).
- The storages mounted as local disks did not appear on the storage list (Linux).
- Double-clicking to stop touring did not prompt the side panels to reappear. Fixed.
- ACTi cameras displayed grey background occasionally. Fixed.
- Arecont Vision panoramic sensors appeared misaligned when flipping the videos. Fixed.
- Thumbnails are now displayed correctly for panoramic cameras (1st sensor is displayed).
- Audio was not exported properly in AC3 format while running Multi-Video export. Fixed.
- Whenever a user uninstalled Enterprise Controller on Windows, the ports remained busy. Once reinstalled, the ports appeared new. Fixed.
- When changing installed components and removing EC, the application did not suggest for database deletion. Fixed.
Camera Addition and Configuration:
- The following error was occasionally displayed for manual camera addition: “This server version supports searching by IP address only”. Fixed.
- A camera’s web page could not be opened if its http-port was not 80. Fixed.
- Any changes to camera’s IP address did not reflect in the camera settings form automatically (only in Tree) unless the form was re-opened. Fixed.
- If a camera was discovered automatically and was not accessible by multicast, the camera did not work after Media Server restart. Fixed.
- A camera with same IP address could be added twice via automatic discovery or manual addition. Fixed.
- Removed the occasional “FPS value is too high” warning that occurred when opening camera settings.
- *** Panoramic camera sensors were not displayed in correct order when flipped. Fixed.
Compatibility (older version support):
- When connecting to a newer EC version (i.e. 1.4 client to 1.5 EC) while still running the previous app version, restart was suggested, but it would still not run. A warning message is now given.
- If an older version was launched in a compatibility mode, an upgrade notification was invoked. Fixed.
- Screen recording crashed on start if resolution was not a multiple of eight. Fixed.
- Whenever a user deleted an offline server in a multi-server environment, all active cameras disappeared and could not be discovered. Now, the cameras are distributed to other servers.
- When disconnecting and reconnecting Media Server to EC, a cameras displayed NO SIGNAL. Fixed.
- If Media Server’s IP was changed during an all-in-one installation, the server’s IP address was not automatically updated in the tree unless it was reconnected to EC again. Fixed.
- Fixed playback slider’s incorrect position that occurred in preview search.
- Web-client. Video did not play if a camera was moved from one server to another. Fixed.
- Licenses were removed when database was restored from another server. The recording continued until Media Server’s restart. Fixed.
- A camera stream was occasionally freezing in Client when opening the camera in Web-Client and clicking on Pause. Fixed.
- *** External offline storage could occasionally decrease writing speed. Fixed.
- *** When enabling custom camera stream control in Expert Camera Settings, it only applied till Media Server was restarted. Fixed.
- *** Post-release updates
HD Witness v1.5.1 (June 2013)
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- New D-Link cameras
- Arecont AV3256PM
- Live streaming is much smoother
- ACTI cameras can now be added manually even if UPNP port is not opened. Only one HTTP port can be used for discovery.
- Second stream quality is improved for some ONVIF cameras
- iOS Client support is improved on the server side
- DW cameras can have a different HTTP port (had to be 80)
- Linux Media Server is more stable when recording 80+ cameras and viewing 60+
- Camera discovery is much faster
- Linux: improved external storages (NAS) support
- ONVIF support is improved
- VMAX fixes and improvements:
- Improved VMAX channels playback in Web-client and Android (fixed IE freezes as well)
- VMAX playback is improved
- VMAX resulted in occasion freeze during navigation. Fixed.
- VMAX with a HTTP port other than 80 is now supported
- VMAX channels can now go offline if cameras are not plugged into them
- Multi-video Export. An exported file did not play if one of the item was missing data. Fixed.
- Resolution was switching constantly during playback if first and second streams from a camera had different aspect ratios. Fixed.
- At times, cameras were displaying video and NO SIGNAL simultaneously. Fixed.
- The status of a camera could not be changed when changing admin password. Fixed. change admin password camera statuses could not be changed. Fixed.
- Motion was displayed incorrectly during Smart Search whenever time zone was changed. Fixed.
- Some analog encoders were being discovered as digital cameras. Fixed.
- Linux upgrade improved – libgl-mesa-dev is no longer needed if upgrading Media Server
- If Media Server were disconnected and reconnected to EC, then event rules would duplicate. Fixed.
HD Witness v1.5 (April 2013)
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- Digital Watchdog VMAX 480 encoders
- Axis encoders (including PTZ)
- Flex Watch Encoders (including PTZ)
- Vivotek encoders
- Arecont Vision 12186 and 20365 models
- ACTi product line
- Canon product line
- StarDot product line
- An analog license has been introduced. It is a new type of license that can only be used with analog cameras. Analog cameras are generally divided into two categories:
- DTS Based (i.e. VMAX Channels). When using this particular type of cameras, an analog license is required for live viewing and archiving (camera settings in the “General” tab). Recording is performed on DTS, so the software only acquires recorded data from it.
- Encoder channel (i.e. Flex Watch channels) cameras require a license to be able to record, but not for viewing purposes. Recording is configured as usual. Cameras are recorded directly by Media server.
- The license form has been redesigned to display the following information:
- Licensed To – the license name and the provider the license has been obtained from
- Type – analog or digital
- Expiration Date – applies to trial licenses only
- Windows 8 is now supported
- User emails have been introduced. Each user is advised to provide their email address for notification purposes.
- Intuitive Mail Server settings. Both email and password are required to receive notifications. The system will process the rest. Additional parameters are available (refer to the user manual for more information).
- Any client is now able to talk to any EC regardless of their versions
Events and Actions:
- Motion (camera(s) must be specified). Camera(s) must have recording enabled.
- Camera Disconnected (camera(s) must be specified). If not, any camera will trigger the event.
- Storage Failure (in case Media Server is unable to write to storage)
- Network Issue (RTP timeout or RTP packet loss)
- Camera IP Conflict (in case several cameras or servers share the same IP address)
- Input Signal on Camera (must be supported – ONVIF and Axis only)
- Media Server Failure (in case Media Server goes down or reboots itself)
- Media Servers Conflict (whenever a Media Server connected to a different EC is pulling video from the same camera)
- EC Connection Lost – results in notifications only
- Licenses are not configured – received by Admin only
- E-mail is not set – Admin is notified when users do not provide their email addresses
- Storages are not configured properly (Admin is notified)
- Camera Recording (camera(s) must be specified). Camera(s) must have recording enabled.
- Panic Recording
- Send Mail (recipient(s) must be specified). Mail Server settings must be configured in Global Settings.
- Show Notification (user roles must be specified). Notification parameters must be configured in Global Settings.
- Camera Output (must be supported – ONVIF and Axis only)
- Each event/action is grouped in Rules. Rules can be configured Advanced Event Rules (CTRL + E). Each rule has standard and advanced parameters.
- Hardware acceleration of video decoding. The flag in System Settings will only appear if Intel HD graphics is enabled.
- PTZ is greatly improved:
- PTZ is now more intuitive and precise
- PTZ now works properly for rotated/flipped Axis cameras
- PTZ positions can be saved/restored (cameras must support PTZ positioning)
- Any position on the current view can be zoomed on by drawing a rectangle to zoom in or double-clicking zoom out). Must be supported by the camera.
- ONVIF support is improved allowing more compliant cameras to be supported.
- Storage Dialog is significantly redesigned. It is no longer important to specify the folder for the recording data, however it is important to select the recording disks and conserved space. The software will process the rest.
- CTRL can now be used in Calendar Search for selecting multiple dates.
- Both upper and lower case characters are now accepted by the system.
- Domain names can now be added to the “Manual camera addition” form.
- The “Do Not Show Again” checkbox is added to the upgrade form. To re-enable, use the “Check for Upgrades” from the main menu.
- It is possible to view EC and Media Server logs via Web Interface. Use https://<EC IP>:<EC Port>/web/servers URL (i.e. https://127.0.0.1:7001/web/servers).
- Improved auto storage selection. When installing a media server, each and every available partition in the system must be added (if the partition has >100 GB free).
- A manual RADASS switch is added to the interface, however it has not been implemented into the code yet. More updates to come.
- If max fps is reduced to motion+low, it will be reduced for all the record modes in the schedule (Arecont Vision cameras only).
- An item must be selected prior to export.
- The screen recording form has been redesigned.
- If multiple cameras are played back asynchronously, the playback position will appear for every item on the timeline.
- Preview Search Layout is more streamlined: the aspect ratio of cells is equal to the aspect ratio of the source video.
- A user is able to customize colors on Health Monitoring’s UI.
- Non-admin users (viewers) can now create own layouts based on the cameras that are specifically assigned to them.
- Smart Search is not available if a camera does not support Motion Detection and Dual Streaming.
- Viewing a camera on Web/Android Client for over 15 minutes results in a timeout. Once back to active, it is recommended to reconnect in order to reduce the Media Server load.
- Manual Camera Addition Dialog is improved:
- Latter data is filled automatically.
- Other actions can be performed while manual camera addition is in progress.
- Identically named items were sorted randomly in Tree every time Client was started. Fixed.
- If the password for admin was changed, no changes were applied to EC until system restart. Fixed.
- If the distance between recorded fragments was insignificant (2-3sec), then the “Next chunk” button resulted in jumping over these fragments. Fixed.
- The “Open in a New Window” command did not work for Multi-Video exported files. Fixed.
- The selection of items was not properly saved after closing and re-opening the layout. Fixed.
- If two cameras were playing video near the live position and one of them was closed, then the second camera would not jump to live and result in occasional freezing. Fixed.
- Whenever clicking ESC too many times, the main window would get bigger.
- Whenever creating a layout for a viewer and assigning cameras, the viewer would not be able to perform search in the tree: cameras were not searchable. Fixed.
- Whenever a user attempted to physically delete a file on a saved layout, it would show “Loading” instead. Fixed.
- Fixed the known Timeline related bug – incorrect selection whenever a range of several items was selected simultaneously.
- If restore database from backup, then status was incorrect sometimes. Fixed, however media server and client restart may still be required.
- Actions did not work in certain cases i.e. if event is received from one media server and action should be performed on another media server. Fixed.
- VMAX Proxy was installed in “client only” mode. Fixed.
- “No Licenses” notification appeared sometimes even if the licenses were activated. Fixed.
- It was possible to drop a user into the tab navigator. In this case, an empty layout was opened. Fixed.
- Playback could freeze when seeking through VMAX archive. Fixed.
HD Witness v1.4 (January 2013)
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- Arecont Vision entire camera line is now supported.
- D-Link cameras are now capable of dual-streaming, resulting in system’s support of motion detection and RADASS capabilities.
- The list of manually added camera models is extended to include Arecont, D-Link and ISD cameras.
- Multi-Video export: It is now possible to export videos on layouts as a single file:
- It is possible to play back these files as regular layouts including ff/rew, smart motion search, etc.
- Files can be changed after export is performed. The Read Only option is available as well.
- Saved as .nov (proprietary format) and can be played back within the client.
- It is also possible to save exported video as an executable file (Windows only). This executable can be played back in a clean Windows installation.
- Android Client is introduced. Check out “HD Witness Client” in Google Play.
- The 64-bit architecture version is now available for Windows.
- Context Help System is implemented. Click on the “?” icon located in the right corner of the top navigation bar, then click on any element within the application to view relevant support information (both Windows and Linux).
- Daylight Savings Timeis now supported:
- Supports time changes.
- Supports time zone changes even if components are in different time zones.
- Timeline can display Local or Server time (specified in System Settings). The Export and Thumbnail Search features will also depend on this particular setting. Note: the setting does not affect Recording Schedule. It is always based on Media Server Time.
- Software checks for updates automatically. When the system detects any updates, it will prompt the user to initiate system upgrade.
- Video can now be exported with rendered timestamps. This requires transcoding on client, which might cause delays, a slight decrease in quality and an overall increase in processor load up to 100% during export.
- Tray Tool is able to perform search for Enterprise Controllers that are available on the network. This is done inside the Media Server setup page.
- Client is able to perform search for Enterprise Controllers available on the network. The suggested ECs are displayed on the “Saved Connections” drop-down list when logging in.
- Ability to use Public IP for Media Server. If Media Server and Enterprise Controller are on different networks and Media Server should be available, it is recommended that Media Server remains hidden behind NAT. In this case the system is still operable
- RADASS (Dual-Streaming):
- New smart switch algorithm: sizable items take priority over smaller items on switching to high resolution, allowing for a more efficient handling of bandwidth and processor load.
- Seek time is significantly improved for low bandwidth connections.
- Switching to low resolution in low bandwidth is accelerated.
- MaxFPS for low resolution stream is 7FPS.
- Low stream resolution quality is enhanced.
- User Management:
- New permissions added: export video and PTZ Control.
- If the “Administrator” role is selected for a user in custom access rights, all other permissions are filled automatically.
- If admin password is changed, there is no need to reconfigure all media servers in order to use the new password.
- Layouts Management:
- The “New” button on the top bar opens a drop-down menu displaying all the saved layouts available for the current user.
- Selection is saved when switching between layouts.
- The location of item buttons is saved when switching between layouts.
- Items and Scene:
- Item panels and the position of text (NO DATA, etc.) are rotated together with the rotated window.
- When zooming in on a video in fullscreen mode, both left and right-click buttons of a mouse can be used to move an item around (previously, only the right-click button was available).
- Hi-Res/Lo-Res are shown on item panels depending on the quality of current dual-streaming.
- The maximum number of items on a layout is increased (64) for x64 platforms.
- Whenever several items were selected at once, all items would close when pressing “X”. Now only the selected item will close.
- The “LIVE” icon is displayed on the item panel in the lower right corner whenever viewing a live stream from a camera.
- Waiting circles are replaced with “LOADING… + circles”.
- The “Show/Hide info” option has been added. It is now possible to show information for several cameras simultaneously.
- Current recording method is displayed in the top left corner of the item information panel (according to the configured schedule of the item).
- FPS, second stream, Motion Detection settings:
- Default motion sensitivity slider is set to 0, making motion masking much more intuitive.
- If MaxFPS is setup on the first stream, the second stream will still be acquired (@ 2 FPS).
- The camera motion web page in Camera Motion Setup is displayed as plain text. It now appears as a hyperlink.
- Logout function is implemented (Main Menu item).
- Whenever connected to EC, the main Menu displays “Connect to Another Server”.
- The list of saved connections in the Login Dialog displays the latter stored connections first.
- If a user logs back in, all the previously configured layouts for a specific user are automatically restored.
- Camera Settings:
- It is now possible to copy a pre-established recording schedule from one camera to another (see the “Copy Schedule” button in Camera Schedule Settings).
- General and Network tabs are now combined in Camera Settings.
- The ping button has been added to camera’s Network Settings to verify connectivity.
- Whenever a camera is discovered, the model number is automatically stored in properties. Unlike Name, Model cannot be changed.
- If a recording schedule has been modified, a user is warned to adjust FPS and resolution to reflect the changes.
- Time Line:
- The buttons are used to zoom in/out on Timeline to the cursor position are now implemented. The buttons are located in the top-left corner of the timeline.
- Calendar Search will move Timeline to the exact date selected by users.
- The playback buttons have been enlarged.
- If sync is disabled, Timeline is visible. The last item with recording will remain selected and controlled by Timeline.
- Timeline will always appear if at least one recorded video archive is on Scene. The last selected video remains selected even if a user clicks on empty space (a gray frame will appear around the video).
- Resources Tree:
- The camera and server IP addresses are shown in the Tree (can be switched off in System Settings in needed).
- If recording is enabled for a camera, yet no recording is taking place at the moment, an icon in Resource Tree will indicate that recording has been enabled.
- The “Rename” option is now available for items in search results.
- Manual Camera Addition:
- Improved discovery of Digital Watchdog and Dahua cameras. Onvif port is no longer required for these manufacturers.
- Added the “Auto” check box to the “Add camera(s)” form.
- Internet Explorer is supported by web-client. Minimal version is required for HTML5 support is 9.x.
- Calendar is available in web-client.
- Playback in web-client is improved.
- The “Client Only” option has been added to the installer.
- Desktop shortcut is optional.
- Installer is signed and approved by Microsoft.
- Components can be selected separately during the installation (EC, Media Server and Client).
- Interface Improvements:
- “ Tooltips” have been added to every interface element.
- The “Hide” option has been added to every panel (Tab Navigator, Resource Tree, Playback, etc.).
- The information on EC, Media Server versions, architecture, compiler are not displayed in the “About” screen.
- Many items have been renamed in the User Interface.
- The System Settings window has been re-sized for better appearance in smaller resolutions.
- Other Improvements and Optimizations:
- Monitoring: RAM usage is displayed whenever a user is monitoring the status of Media Server.
- Screen Recording: The screen recording icon is introduced as a movie reel in the top right corner.
- Export: Whenever a video reaches the end of its recorded data, the watermark window will not appear.
- Playback is greatly improved.
- Licenses can be registered by admin only.
- Stronger disk writing optimization has been achieved (based on load-testing results).
- It is now possible to configure transport settings for Linux (RTP over UDP or TCP). Previously available for Windows only.
- If owner’s password (“admin” user) is changed there is no need to reconfigure all media servers to use the new password.
- Media Server Monitoring:
- Monitoring issue: whenever Media Server restarted, monitoring would not resume. Fixed.
- Previously monitoring was dependent on WMI, which resulted in its inability to launch monitoring on some computers. Fixed.
- Camera Settings:
- Camera URL in camera settings could not be opened before. Fixed.
- “Pre-recording” and “Post-recording” were inactive whenever a user selected “Record always” in camera’s Recording Schedule. Fixed.
- “Open in a web page” would not prompt URL when using IE. Fixed.
- Layout Management:
- The issue with restoring a layout after login – not all cameras would start playing live video. Fixed.
- The Playback position was not saved in layouts whenever users navigated through tabs. Fixed.
- Manual Camera Addition:
- Whenever cameras were added manually, the “Add selected” option was inactive if several cameras were selected in search results. Fixed.
- A camera could not be added during manual input if login and password were empty. Fixed.
- Digital Watchdog cameras could not be added manually if other camera models were selected simultaneously. Fixed.
- Time Line and Playback:
- Occasionally, the search bar would act sporadically whenever users clicked on archived video. Fixed.
- Issue with frame by frame search (back and forth jumping). Fixed.
- Timeline “tooltip” appeared detached from Timeline whenever users enabled thumbnails in Thumbnail Search. Fixed.
- The Timeline selection was not displayed after the thumbnail search was complete. Fixed.
- Whenever users double-clicked on Timeline’s bottom section, zoom out would occur with Timeline shifting left. Fixed.
- If the same camera appeared in two different layouts, video would not play back in one of the layouts. Fixed.
- Calendar Search: Whenever a single camera was selected, the calendar displayed archive (in green) for all cameras instead of one. Fixed.
- If registry contained invalid data from previous installation (i.e. media folders from absent disks), installer failures occurred (“Invalid Drive” message). Fixed.
- If EC was not installed, the system prompted users to delete the database. Fixed.
- The option to “Run Client after Installation” was not displayed if Client was added via the “change” method. Fixed.
- If users re-install/upgrade EC on Linux, the installer suggested default values instead of the previously configured user settings. Fixed.
- If users upgraded media server, then Client media was replaced by default. Fixed.
- If users did not install EC (extend existing system), it was suggested to delete database during uninstall. Fixed.
- If users upgraded media server only (client is not installed), client launch was suggested at the end of the upgrade process. Fixed.
- If users installed client only, Tray tool was also installed. Fixed.
- Screen Recording:
- The “Unsupported audio format for capturing” error in screen recording caused by no sound device. Now if there is no audio device present at the moment, it is still possible to do screen recording. Fixed.
- Removed the check mark “Disable aero” for secondary screen. Fixed.
- Issue with unsupported audio format for screen recording. Fixed.
- The Screen Recording microphone issue whenever several microphone devices with identical names were registered (mainly applicable to laptops). Fixed.
- Screen recording could not be saved at times. The problem was that the screen recording TEMP folder was equal to Root Media Folder.
- If Root Media Folder was inaccessible, Screen Recording could not be saved. A new setting for Temp Folder is introduced*** It is now User Temp Folder by default.
- Tours (sequences):
- Alt+T did not work. Fixed.
- If no items were selected, a tour would not start. Fixed.
- If a tour is started and an item is double-clicked on, the tour will now end and return to layout Scene. Fixed.
- Web Client:
- It was possible to zoom out of a web client timeline to display future dates. Fixed.
- The Web client was automatically set to default resolution, which resulted in CPU overload due to all cameras running at highest resolution. Fixed.
- The Web client was not accessible in Google Chrome whenever another web-client was opened. Fixed.
- The issue with resetting the quality to 240p whenever a user would to Live from Archive. Fixed.
- License Form:
- Whenever licenses were sorted by name, incorrect license data was displayed. Fixed.
- Login/Logout: Whenever connected to another EC, old cameras were still displayed on Scene. Fixed.
- Sometimes the color of the main Menu was changed from gray to white (typically, whenever a user was logged in remotely to the computer that the Client was opened on). Fixed.
HD Witness v1.3 (September 2012)
- Linux client
- Web client
NEW CAMERAS SUPPORTED
- Expanded list of supported IQInvision camera models.
- Expanded list of supported Axis camera models.
- Linux client is introduced
- Web client – allows viewing of live and archive video from a single camera
- 64 bit version is now available
- Camera settings (incl. Zoom and Focus) – ability to set proprietary camera parameters
- PTZ (applies to any ONVIF conformant camera that supports PTZ adjustments)
- Calendar Search – “Cal” button is located in the bottom right corner.
- Tours between different cameras
- Panic Recording – records all cameras in maximum FPS and quality once enabled
- Thumbnail search
- Localization is fully supported. To localize Network Optix VMS, send a request to email@example.com
- System Health Monitoring – allows monitoring servers in real-time mode (CPU and hard disk(s) load)
- Extended Viewer Permissions – can now be combined
- Live – for live monitoring only
- Playback – for archive viewing only
- Settings – to set up cameras and system only
- Manual camera registration – can be applied to any ONVIF camera if the camera does not respond on broadcast requests
- Tooltips for all screen icons
- Network Optix VMS components can be installed on Ubuntu 12.04 (Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.10 already supported)
- COLDSTORE DTS (Direct to Storage)
- Item selection frame is brighter – easier to locate
- Media Server is using a single port for HTTP and RTSP
- Possible to install different customizations of Network Optix VMS on a single computer
- Enhanced ONVIF support
- Playback optimized
- When uninstalling and reinstalling the system, the Media Server storages configuration will be restored
- Possible to delete a database during uninstallation
- Server settings form redesigned for ease of use
- Password field is always empty if login dialog is open
- Digital Watchdog cameras attempt default login automatically
- If connected to another ECS all data is reset
- Fixed non-sequential port numbers during Linux installation
- Storage form does not allow deletion of all locations, at least one location must remain
- When rewinding back to the end of archive, circles were moving instead of NO DATA
- If Media Server was run after client, client was trying to connect via Media Proxy
- Fixed incorrect tab behavior in login dialog
- When holding right mouse button on Timeline, current selection cleared
- Incorrect total number of licenses was displayed in the recording schedule form after license registration.
- Screen recordings were saved as *.av. Now *.avi.
- Fixed hang if attempt to seek to a position after server is offline
- New tree context menu items for layout: Open in New Tab and Open in New Window
- When disconnecting unauthorized cameras, it was not possible to delete these cameras as they were not switched to Offline status until the client was restarted
- Fixed the bug when Media Server could use deleted storages
- Fixed artifacts when seeking within screen-recorded video
- When creating a user layout, it displayed as changed (asterisk) on another computer
- Fixed issue where new media storage location was not always used
- - >> and >>| buttons are disabled in Live mode
HD Witness v1.2.1 (August 2012)
- Onvif engine is greatly improved (especially for Sony cameras)
- It is possible to set up a media server to use RTP over TCP/RTP over UDP in traytool settings. TCP is set by default (used to be UDP). If using UDP in some network adapters, media packet loss was detected regardless of UDP socket buffer size. If switch to TCP, this can be solved
- Screen Recording is saved in AVI format that can be played almost everywhere
- Audio and Video synchronization is improved for local files
HD Witness v1.2 (July 2012)
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- All Onvif cameras are now supported
- Thumbnails are introduced. They are displayed on the top of Pan-temporal Timeline (live and local).
- Audio recording on all microphone-enabled cameras.
- New recording schedule feature has been introduced. It is now possible to record in low quality only and switch to high quality automatically when motion occurs.
- Software Motion detection is much more accurate.
- Smart Search and Motion Detection Configuration is redesigned:
- A quick button appears on the video to enable/disable smart search mode
- Smart Search region selection is more intuitive
- Motion Detection configuration is more intuitive
- If media server changes its IP address, it is re-detected without the need for a restart.
- Port selection algorithm is changed: the sequential ports are now recommended to simplify port forwarding. It is now possible to make a single port forwarding rule for a port range.
- Security fixes:
- All system components are now using SSL
- EC Passwords are hidden in the installer screens (it is suggested to enter it twice)
- At the end of the install process, it is suggested to run the client.
- Context menu from the lower scroll panel is removed.
- It is possible to change the aspect ratio of grid cells on a scene, which is from 4:3 to 16:9. It is also possible to adjust the distance between items using Context Menu.
- The Info and Close buttons were not accessible when viewing in full screen. Fixed. Now the full-screen video can be zoomed out to make those buttons accessible.
- Panoramic camera streams were not properly re-sized. Fixed.
- Camera Info Panel fixes:
- If fps is greater than 100, it was displayed as 1.1E+02 on the info panel. Fixed.
- It is now possible to see the current camera resolution on the info panel
- In some instances, archive (green portions) was shown incorrectly on the timeline when a camera was swapped between servers. Fixed.
- In some cases, recording by motion did not work on cameras when software motion detection was selected. Fixed.
- If media storage location was changed, sometimes the old location was still used as well. Fixed.
- Pan-Temporal Timeline zoom sometimes worked incorrectly in long-period archive (several months). Fixed.
- Smart Search did not work properly if archiving exceeded one month. Fixed.
- Unicode Names (on native alphabets) were displayed incorrectly in the license information section. Fixed.
- In some instances, the tree items appeared at the root of the tree. Fixed.
- Linux Media Server now determines free space correctly.
- Linux Server did not detect Pulse cameras. Fixed.
HD Witness v1.1 (May 2012)
- Linux Server officially released
NEW CAMERAS AND RECORDERS SUPPORTED
- Some Sony IP/HD Cameras as well as additional models from Axis, Brickcom and IQInvision.
- Axis Video Encoders
- Veracity COLDSTORE storage array
- .AVI format can now be exported as well as .MKV. This enables viewing exported video almost on any device .AVI is suggested by default.
- The Media Proxy feature allows viewing streams from cameras on a different subnet. The only thing needed is to forward Proxy port on the router. Client automatically switches to proxy if media server is not allowed directly. See documentation for details.
- If adding a new storage to Media Server, it is checked for validity and ability to write to.
- The Swap Camera feature has a better approach. If a user wants to swap a camera to another server, it will still stream. A recording flag is set automatically to a new server. Also, archive is seamlessly combined from all servers.
- Software Motion Detection allows to do advanced motion detection with a very precise and flexible motion mask (a camera should support the dual-streaming feature). Additional CPU usage is negligible.
- The watermark feature generates watermark for each exported file. When viewing exported files in Network Optix VMS, the watermark can be checked. If the file was modified, the watermark check will fail.
- Pan-temporal Timeline was completely redesigned and improved.
- Servers node in Resource tree is opened automatically when user logs in.
- Exported videos are treated as cameras on the slider.
- Playback (live/archive navigation) is more accurate and smooth.
- Export could not be performed with only one item on scene. It was required to select the item; otherwise, a warning message was displayed. It is now selected automatically.
- At times, status events worked incorrectly. Such resulted in “No Signal” in the camera along with streaming. Fixed.
- Network Optix VMS Client crashed if the search returned too many results. Fixed.
- Server Name could not be changed. Fixed.
- In some cases, the back button could work incorrectly in the Network Optix VMS installer. Fixed.
- When pressing the info button with too many items on the scene, the info panels were resized unexpectedly. Fixed.
- Fixed the error that occurred during the Network Optix VMS installation when adding or removing components.
- RTSP port wasn’t checked for availability during the installation. Now it is.
- SSE 2, 3 and 4 are determined incorrectly in runtime for Linux server. It could result in application shutdown on some processors (Atom, Pentium 4, some AMD models, etc.). Fixed.
HD Witness v1.0 (March 2012)
- HD Witness is born.