Networkoptix.com is a USA software company. Our main product is cross-platform client-server distributed architecture to discover and manage networked cameras.
CI engineer will be a member of CI & Functional test team.
Our current workflow is represented by post-commit build and test jobs (Jenkins) with accumulation all results in self-made system.
Build and test infrastructure is based on KVM virtualization, with packer built base images that activated with cloud-init. Provisioning and deployment is performed by Ansible. Monitoring is done with prometheus.
We are on our way to IaC (Infrastructure as Code) approach, so a lot of work still to be done.
- Take a part in the continuous integration system development: support and improve current CI projects, based on jenkins and jenkins job builder, develop new projects.
- Write, support and improve ansible playbooks.
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment.
- Maintain the ongoing infrastructure reliability, performance.
- Monitor the environment and respond to incidents.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Architectural thinking
- Linux: bash, utils (find, grep, sed, awk, etc), scripting, administration (system, networking, iptables, nginx).
- Good Python knowledge.
- Good networking knowledge: TCP/IP, dhcp, HTTP.
- Good experience in version control software: git or mercurial.
OPTIONAL ADVANCED SKILLS:
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Chef.
- Experience with a continuous integration platform such as Jenkins.
- Experience in virtualization technology: QEMU/KVM, VirtualBox, Docker.
- Windows: administration, power shell, utils.
- Monitoring environment: prometheus, grafana, zabbix.
- C++ knowledges.
- cmake knowledges.
- Full-time office job (5 d/week, 8 h/day, mandatory hours 14.00 – 17.30).
- Office in Moscow (m. Komsomolskaya, Baumanskaya).